Chonabot And Them...

A vast myriad of creativity flowing amongst us in terms of nicks and avatars as well as topics - was just wondering how some of those amongst us chose their nicknames.

Some people call themselves John123 or ThaiMike for example but others amongst us have more adventurous names such as RandomChances and Padapow Guy.

Other nicks such as Tornado and Bluecat were probably born from their avatars.

Is GirlFromBar really a girl from a bar and does Rod really have a Russian rifle?

Where did Chanchao come from and what is a Tutsiwarrior?

I admit this may not be one of my best threads and it may sink like the Titanic but it is something I have often wondered whilst surfing the pages of TV.*

*(That's Thai Visa by the way)

Oh any one know how I can go back and spell it right !!

Hey man, it sounds like you need to build your own time machine, which you can do here: http://www.uwe.ac.uk/fas/time/string1.htm

briefing notes can be found here: http://www.uwe.ac.uk/fas/time/notes.htm

Please pM me if you need help on any of the following categories:

How to Prepare for the Mechanical Aptitude and Spatial Relations Tests

Greenhouses and how to grow spectacular container plants

How to get ahead in the world of window cleaning

Women's Altars

Sitting down for long periods of time

Rapid room clearing A-Z

How to be a succesful reality tv candidate

How to Go to the Bathroom in Space

Improving facial hair performance

Ugly pets

Cheers!

- was just wondering how some of those amongst us chose their nicknames.

Hey Gent,

I think there was a thread on this subject shortly after I joined the forum back in January, but here is the low-down on my handle ....

In Thai, there are no words that begin with an "s" and a "t". So english words like "steak" are often pronounced "sa-tek."

My given name starts with "st", and there is no "v" in Thai, so when my finance' says my name it often comes out as "sa-pee" or just "Spee."

Later .....

hi'

the real question should have been :

why do you need to keep yourself hidden in multiple nicks ?

is it a "normal" ot rather dual personnality to have multiple nicks ?

can anyone say who you really are ...

we had a few surprise at the Chiang Mai meetings :o

cheers

francois

My given name starts with "st", and there is no "v" in Thai, so when my finance' says my name it often comes out as "sa-pee" or just "Spee."

I can't for the life of me think what your name might be. :o:D

Anyway, The Gentleman Scamp was a good way of describing my general character and it's also the name of a song I wrote for a mate of mine in the U.K. as a birthday present a few years ago.

He is also a gentleman as well as a fun loving scamp.

I actually stole the phrase from a 1998 article in the music magazine Q which was all about Peter Gabriel - that bloke who's a musician wot was in Genesis.

The only other nick I ever used was Ambassador. It was origionally going to be Stiffy Rectangle but I figured this would be no use if I wanted to be taken seriously as a decent expat and worthy ambassador, although when TGS returned after a 1 week break, he stayed around and turned into my dark side and was quite the opposite to the nice worried guy with an enquiry that he started out as.

He/I was recently rumbled in the chatroom, so I will have to skate on thin ice or upset Americans* as THS in future - or 'Scampy' as I'm more commonly reffered to nowadays.

* :D

whilst knockin the backbone outta my girlfriend, i regularly ended the session in a pool of sweat and love juices. this vigorous exercise would result in small laserations on my foreskin. making it uncomfortable even for urinating for a few days.

of course when the GF asked for sex over the next few days i had to reply" sorry luv i cant cos ive got a SPLITLID"

thinking this was just an excuse not to have sex, she would express her feelings over and over again.i had to prove that i still found her attractive by giving her another good pounding.

unfortunately for me, leaving over time ,a few battle scars on the end of my nob Al Capone would have been proud of.

so now you know! :o

whilst knockin the backbone outta my girlfriend, i regularly ended the session in a pool of sweat and love juices. this vigorous exercise would result in small laserations on my foreskin. making it uncomfortable even for urinating for a few days.

of course when the GF asked for sex over the next few days i had to reply" sorry luv i cant cos ive got a SPLITLID"

thinking this was just an excuse not to have sex, she would express her feelings over and over again.i had to prove that i still found her attractive by giving her another good pounding.

unfortunately for me, leaving over time ,a few battle scars on the end of my nob Al Capone would have been proud of.

so now you know! :o

I'd been waiting for yours to pop up actually - no pun intended.

I thought it was either something to do with a crack in a motorcycle helmet or a blck eye so goes to show how far off the mark I was - though the words eye and helmet are I suppose relevant to your cause.

so now you know! :D

Ouch :D But me thinks you maybe skating on thin ice here with a posting like that ? The Scamp also had to be reincarnated :o

Mine's pretty boring, I've just had it a long time on lots of other net forums/subscriptions. I think I had a mare trying to get a useful Yahoo account once upon a time, as my name was taken in every way I could think of, and I wanted something I could remember.

Wolf is from my family arms - it has 5 wolves on it.

The '5370' is my DOB (5th March 1970).

My Avitar is my Mrs wai-ing - I used it for a commercial site I set up, and it just seemed apt. I used to use another Avitar (Thai girl) that I created myself in a 3D modelling app - it used to blink it eyes - but I got bored of it.

I don't have any alter-ego ID's. I say what I feel to be true at any time. That's me. I don't see how pretending to be someone else with another pseudonym makes any odds. If people are upset by my comments, tough, flame me. I wouldn't have said whatever-it-was unless I could argue my corner. :o

Mine's boring, I have to admit - especially after reading the origins of splitlid's dilemma (which I can relate to, admittedly being a beanie myself)

SeaVision is my film outfit's name (although I am a pearl farmer in my day job) - and I currently reside in Burma.

The current avatar is entitled "angry little asian girl", something I saw somewhere and liked. Previously have used pearls.

As I said, pretty boring really.

:o

Mine's boring, I have to admit - especially after reading the origins of splitlid's dilemma (which I can relate to, admittedly being a beanie myself)

SeaVision is my film outfit's name (although I am a pearl farmer in my day job) - and I currently reside in Burma.

I wish I could be as boring , to have a pearl diving company in Burma ....yawn... :o

Fancy swapping with my one man IT company in sunny Oxfordshire/Berkshire?

:D

ps wife is still after some cut price pearls ( necklaces? :D )