No Nudity In Pattaya......

R123

logo_pcn_only.gifOur News is Always New

LATEST NEWS

Thursday 2nd August 2007

Walking Street bars protest to City Hall after Polcie orders to cover up or face closure.

Khun Niran, the Mayor of Pattaya chaired a meeting of bar owners from Walking Street who had come to complain about the actions of the local Police who informed the show bars that they were not allowed to conduct explicit shows and their performers had to remain covered up. The current low season months are proving a difficult time for many bar owners who rely on the relaxed attitude of the authorities when it comes to permitting such shows to take place. The bars have now been told to cover up and although they have complied they claim that many tourists who come to Walking Street will often come for the shows and for a good look at the performers who work within the bars. They now feel that these tourists will now be put-off from coming to Pattaya and require the local government to intervene and clarify the position they are now in. The Bar Owners would like a compromise with the Police to allow for a certain amount of leniency. The Mayor told the group to prepare a letter of complaint for Police General Saireepisoot, the Acting Commander of the Royal Thai Police who is visiting Pattaya on Friday to attend a seminar at the Sheritan Hotel. The group accepted this and will do as the Mayor suggests.

02_08_2.jpg4402_08_2_5.jpg

02_08_2_2.jpg4402_08_2_4.jpg

02_08_2_3.jpg 4 02_08_2_6.jpg

Crickey, I thought this thread was going to be about getting fat ugly tourists to stop going topless. :o

Seriously though, I am all for taming down the filth. But, it's going to take a lot of work getting Thailand's reputation out of the mud.

Its just silly.

Enforce the prostitution laws. That would change the nature of Thai tourism, especially in Pattaya.

How much you want to bet that won't happen?

And no, I don't want them to do that. Just pointing out the obvious typical hypocrisy which fools nobody.

Edited by Jingthing

Crickey, I thought this thread was going to be about getting fat ugly tourists to stop going topless. :D

No, it's not so slim, not so good looking, Thai ladies hanging onto a pole dancing as if they were kicking a tier.

.... :o :yawn: :D ....

The bars have now been told to cover up and although they have complied......

:o:D:D

Could have fooled me !

Maybe they "complied" for a few minutes, until the first customers of the evening wandered in, then it was business as usual.

I think there was another, similar story like this last year (?). We had a discussion about it at the time and I mentioned that if the go-go's had to go "bikini only", they'd lose a lot of business as people weren't as likely to pay go-go prices to see swimsuit competitions. I know of a couple of clubs that went bust for trying to do just that.

As per normal, this will quickly fade away and some time next year, there'll be another story just like it.