Thai taxation of foreign share income - a couple of practical issues

I have holdings in investment companies and ETFs listed on the London Stock Exchange.  I hold them with my USA broker.  The individual shares are domiciled in Jesery, Guernsey, Ireland, and the UK.  Which DTA(s) are the relevant one? Thailand-UK? Thailand-USA? Or Thailand-Jersey, Thailand-Guernsey, Thailand-Ireland, and Thailand-UK?

My broker doesn't provide any tax certificates, so how do I know how much tax has been withheld, and how can I prove it to the Thai tax authorities?

Thanks.

I am pretty sure that in most of these countries you pay (limited) dividend tax only.

So a DTA has no impact here...

When you transfer that money to Thailand (or any other country for that matter)  than you will be subject to Income tax as per said country's rules and regulations...

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, jumbo said:

I am pretty sure that in most of these countries you pay (limited) dividend tax only.

So a DTA has no impact here...

Not sure that's correct.  From the UK-Thailand DTA, Article 11 Section 2.

A resident of Thailand who receives a dividend from a company which is a resident of the United Kingdom and who is subject to tax in Thailand on that dividend shall be entitled to the tax credit in respect of that dividend which an individual resident in the United Kingdom would have been entitled to had he received that dividend

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

I have holdings in investment companies and ETFs listed on the London Stock Exchange.  I hold them with my USA broker.  The individual shares are domiciled in Jesery, Guernsey, Ireland, and the UK.  Which DTA(s) are the relevant one? Thailand-UK? Thailand-USA? Or Thailand-Jersey, Thailand-Guernsey, Thailand-Ireland, and Thailand-UK?

My broker doesn't provide any tax certificates, so how do I know how much tax has been withheld, and how can I prove it to the Thai tax authorities?

Thanks.

If I understand you correctly, you hold UK investment funds  via your US broker?

If the above is correct, it is the same as a British person in the UK buying into say a US investment fund using their UK broker where any taxes are an expense of the fund, not the investor. If you are taxed on dividends from those funds, you will be taxed where they are received. 

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

Not sure that's correct.  From the UK-Thailand DTA, Article 11 Section 2.

I think it is a matter or interpretation between us, I read more or less what I stated. He will be taxed according the source country (receives credit for difference between (looking a locations) lower dividend and the Thai dividend of 10%.