Jomtien Hotel

NguuMuu

I'm planning a visit to Pattaya soon with the TGF, but never stayed in the Jomtien area before.

Can anyone give me any advice or direction to pick out of these 5 hotels. From everything I've gathered on the internet they all seem very similar in price and quality.

Grand Jomtien Palace

Jomtien Garden Hotel

Jomtien Holiday Hotel

Jomtien Thani Hotel

Welcome Jomtien Beach Hotel

or any other suggestions?

Looking to spend about 1000/ night, would prefer a room with balcony and sea view although not necessary.

And nothing too isolated from the main roads. Actually I'd like to be around wherevere the most action would be on Jomtien Beach...where would that be?

I'm planning a visit to Pattaya soon with the TGF, but never stayed in the Jomtien area before.

Can anyone give me any advice or direction to pick out of these 5 hotels. From everything I've gathered on the internet they all seem very similar in price and quality.

Grand Jomtien Palace

Jomtien Garden Hotel

Jomtien Holiday Hotel

Jomtien Thani Hotel

Looking to spend about 1000/ night, would prefer a room with balcony and sea view although not necessary.

And nothing too isolated from the main roads. Actually I'd like to be around wherevere the most action would be on Jomtien Beach...where would that be?

How many people in the room,1 or 2 ?

Will you be using any of the facilities,swimming pool etc ?

:o Wiley Coyote

I recently stayed at the Jomtien Garden Hotel, and it was overall a very pleasant experience and worth the Baht I paid (around 1,000-1,200 I believe). No sea view, but pleasant and peaceful garden views for most rooms. Large and comfortable rooms. The only criticism I would have would be the buffet breakfast (7am-10am). By 9 a.m. nearly 50% of the food was gone, and wasn't replaced by the chef/kitchen staff. Bad management on the part of the hotel's restaurant. So, if you stay, remember that "the early bird gets the worm," when it comes to breakfast.

I stayed at Welcome Jomtien Beach Hotel some years ago. If I remember correctly, all their rooms have balcony and sea view. I got them, at least. The hotel is a little bit down the soi from main road. But not too far.

More recent than that, I stayed at Grand Jomtien Palace early this year. I don't remember which floor I was on, at least 9th. The hotel is on the main road. My room was facing the ocean. And got balcony also. Breakfast was quite the same situation as toptuan's post.

Between these two, I would say Grand Jomtien Palace.

I recently stayed at the Jomtien Garden Hotel, and it was overall a very pleasant experience and worth the Baht I paid (around 1,000-1,200 I believe). No sea view, but pleasant and peaceful garden views for most rooms. Large and comfortable rooms. The only criticism I would have would be the buffet breakfast (7am-10am). By 9 a.m. nearly 50% of the food was gone, and wasn't replaced by the chef/kitchen staff. Bad management on the part of the hotel's restaurant. So, if you stay, remember that "the early bird gets the worm," when it comes to breakfast.

I think that it is common practice for all Pattaya hotels that offer a free breakfast to stop serving at 10am basically because 90% of the clientèle nether get up that early.

BB

Grand Jomtien Palace

Jomtien Garden Hotel

Jomtien Holiday Hotel

Jomtien Thani Hotel

What kind of 'action' are you looking for?

Thanks for the feedback so far.

Wileycoyote, 2 people in the room. Me and the thai gf. I specifically mention Thai because (based on internet reviews) it seems like some of these hotels have surcharges that may apply for thais, bg or not. In other cases they may falsely accuse the gf of being a bg even if you already booked the room for 2 people and she has been present with you the whole time!

Facilities are not of much importance. Fitness center not necessary. Pool needed although the majority of the time should be spent on the beach across the street.

Tammi, by action, I mean the busier area of the strip, i.e a good number of restaurants and maybe a few bars. I would probably rent a motorcycle anyway so this may not be all that important.

I suppose so far I'm leaning towards the Grand Jomtien Palace

Thanks again

I think that it is common practice for all Pattaya hotels that offer a free breakfast to stop serving at 10am basically because 90% of the clientèle nether get up that early.

My, my, what a service-oriented treatment of your customers! :o

Jomtien Thani Hotel would get my vote, for location. Walking distance to everything more or less including the beach, baht bus/taxi routes and more importantly, a few bars & eateries within 20 Metres on soi 5. They had a re-fit & upgrade not so long ago. Prices started at about 750 THB but niot sure what current rate is admittedly.

Rabbit Resort - only if you're in a cult / having an affair / particpate in 'alternative lifestyle' :o

Good Luck!

Nguu, at Grand Jomtien Palace, I wasn't present when my European boy checked in and he didn't mention me to the staff whatsoever. Still never had a problem/attitude from the staff when I turned up. No surcharge.

Grand Jomtien Palace

Jomtien Garden Hotel

Been to those 3.

All 3 packed with Ex-Soviet tourists and "Bangkok and 1 night at Pattaya" Korean or Chinese packages who rarely return so service is probably better than what most of them are accustomed to but poor compared to general Thai tourist industry.

If you get a room at a renovated floor in the main building, JGP is then best of the 3.

To be sure, ask for chalet wing (it's less worn out and little chance the room would be a wreck), bungalows or first floor of the chalet main building (it has 4 floors but no lifts). There you get 64sqm rooms with teak floors.

Jomtien Garden is the worst, rooms are small, the balconies have no door to get on them, just holding aircons. Breakfast area has plastic pool chairs.

Welcome Jomtien is further from the beach, to access it you have to go through a Soi ful of shops and several beer bars.

All 3 have room service food that the worst street vendor would be ashamed of and not a soi dog would eat it.

All 3 have sea view from all rooms.

Pics are:

1. JGP, chalet wing - bungalows and it's own pool.

2.Bungalow balcony, actual view. Through the palms is the chalet wing (4 floors), part of the first floor is reception and breakfast room (separate from the main building).

3. JGP view from the main building, all rooms have it.

4. JGP - view towards Jomtien Welcome Hotel - you can see it's a fair stretch to the beach (which would be to the right).

post-7277-1186223487_thumb.jpg

post-7277-1186223505_thumb.jpg

post-7277-1186223575_thumb.jpg

post-7277-1186223589_thumb.jpg

Ok...Now it's between the Grand Jomtien palace and Jomtien Thani.

A few quick questions:

1) Would I get a better rate booking online or just showing up? I'm pretty confident they won't be full.

2) Do the baht buses regularly go all the way down to the Grand Jomtien Palace?

3) From what I've gathered on the internet, I should expect to pay 30 baht from the main bangkok bus terminal down to Jomtien....right? And afterwards a trip in between Jomtien and South Pattaya should be 20 baht?

Ok...Now it's between the Grand Jomtien palace and Jomtien Thani.

A few quick questions:

1) Would I get a better rate booking online or just showing up? I'm pretty confident they won't be full.

2) Do the baht buses regularly go all the way down to the Grand Jomtien Palace?

3) From what I've gathered on the internet, I should expect to pay 30 baht from the main bangkok bus terminal down to Jomtien....right? And afterwards a trip in between Jomtien and South Pattaya should be 20 baht?

JGP: Internet/Travel agent rate: 1200B, including breakfast for 2.

Direct: 1950B, no breakfast (after 5 nights we wanted to extend for 1 more, the reception charged us the rack rate).

Many baht buses trawl the Jomtien beach road at any time, you have to wait 1-2 minutes between them at most.

Been on them only once, 20 baht it was to South Pattaya.

The other hotel I kind of remember, on the maps it shows like it's in a Soi off the Jomtien beach road. All maps come from the same link. But if it is the same soi (Soi 6) where Jomtien post office is, dump it. It's a wreck.

Edited by think_too_mut

JGP: Internet/Travel agent rate: 1200B, including breakfast for 2.

Direct: 1950B, no breakfast (after 5 nights we wanted to extend for 1 more, the reception charged us the rack rate).

Sounds like it will most likely be Grand Jomtien Palace then and it look slike sawadee has the cheapest rates.

Thanks for all the advice everyone!

Jomtien Garden is the worst, rooms are small, the balconies have no door to get on them, just holding aircons.

Not true of the rooms I stayed in; so ask to look at a few rooms before deciding. I spent half my time lounging on the comfortable and spacious balcony attached to my room, enjoying the beautiful garden view. The room itself was also spacious.