TM30

I will move from a hotel to an apartment in the next days. Do I have to visit my local immigration office to report a tm30 or the apartment owner will report it for me? The hotel receptionist reported the current tm30 for me but i didn't visit my local immigration office. I don't have any tm30 receipt since i stay in a hotel, they only gave me the tm30 report that they made online for the immigration

It's the hotel's responsibility to file a TM30 being a commercial premise.

In private residential accommodation it's a different matter.
In this case, under section 38 of the Immigration Act, it's the responsibility of the housemaster, owner or the possessor of the residence to file.
Section 4 of the Act, defines the housemaster as any persons who is the chief possessor of a house, whether in the capacity of owner, tenant, or in any other capacity whatsoever.

So you as the tenant and possessor are just as responsible to file as the owner is.

• Confused 1

Just now, Jack1988 said:

What about the tm30 receipt? I would also need it for my next extension or next border run

The owner of the apartment may give you a receipt. If they don’t give you a receipt, then you can get it from the IO after the owner reports your stay.

13 minutes ago, Jack1988 said:

Do I have to visit my local immigration office to report a tm30 or the apartment owner will report it for me?

You do not need to attend immigration.

Prior to moving into new apartment you should have made clear to owner that they will do TM30 and provide you with record of that. 

• Like 1

Just now, DrJack54 said:

Prior to moving into new apartment you should have made clear to owner that they will do TM30 and provide you with record of that. 

Or failing their reluctance to submit it, request a signed copy of their Tabien Baan and ID card, then file it yourself.

You should have covered this with the owner before taking the apartment.

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

You do not need to attend immigration.

I am staying in a hotel right now and the owner has reported my stay to the immigration the first day that i chcecked in, he did that online. I will go to stay in an apartment in the next days and I will ask the apartment owner to file a tm30 online for the immigration. Thanks for the answers

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Liquorice said:

So you as the tenant and possessor are just as responsible to file as the owner is.

That is true however by way of example my Thai partner has condos and one townhouse.

Currently we have 2 farang.

They both require TM30 and in the case of one who is a teacher they require new TM30 every time they renew contract with school.

Our letting agent takes care of that.

Long winded reply but I urge any farang living in Thailand to clarify TM30 prior to signing lease/moving in

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

Or failing their reluctance to submit it, request a signed copy of their Tabien Baan and ID card, then file it yourself.

Correct....however as per my post above. If owner/agent will not confirm them doing TM30 then move on to next apartment/condo. 

4 minutes ago, Jack1988 said:

I just called the apartment owner, they told me that they will also file a tm30 online for me

Then zero issue.

You can ask for screenshot of TM30 filling.

What you did is best practice.

If they replied "do it yourself" then run Forest run

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Then zero issue.

You can ask for screenshot of TM30 filling 

ok thanks. Just one more question... Do I have to go to my local immigration office to get the tm30 receipt? Just in case for my next extension or another border run

3 minutes ago, Jack1988 said:

ok thanks. Just one more question... Do I have to go to my local immigration office to get the tm30 receipt? Just in case for my next extension or another border run

3 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

Then they will receive a receipt, which they should give to you to staple in your passport as evidence it was filed.

Just now, Jack1988 said:

who will give me? The apartment owner or my local immigration?

11 minutes ago, Jack1988 said:

I just called the apartment owner, she told me that she will also file a tm30 online for me

7 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

Then they will receive a receipt, which they should give to you to staple in your passport as evidence it was filed.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Jack1988 said:

You do not need to attend immigration when you border run etc however the apartment owner will/may need to provide you with updated TM30 

Depends on immigration office and type of extensions you are living in Thailand.

For those on eg visa exempt and looking to attend immigration for 30 day extension then immigration most likely require a TM30 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Jack1988 said:

who will give me? The apartment owner or my local immigration?

Any condo apartment etc can do TM30 for guest. 

When they do that they receive a confirmation meaning a record of that.

They can screenshot that record..

That's all you need

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, Jack1988 said:

I am staying in a hotel right now and the owner has reported my stay to the immigration the first day that i checked in, he did that online.

Just ask him to print the TM30 for you, yeah just the screenshot.
Any proper hotel can print it but only if you ask them.

1.jpg

IO at Phuket gladly accepts that for extensions or CoR or even ED visa.
Nobody really cares if you checkout the next day and move somewhere.
New TM30 is required only if you enter the country again, should be reported within 24h I think.

Edited by Tim K

Sorry if I go off-topic but I prefer not to open a new topic again. I would like to know if the tax rule after 6 months still apply or not every time I leave the country by land or by plane and then return

If for example I stay in Thailand for 3 months and then I do a border run and then come back, does the 6 months rule taxation still valid or only if you stay here for 6 months without never exit from the country?

Edited by Jack1988

4 hours ago, Tim K said:

New TM30 is required only if you enter the country again, should be reported within 24h I think.

According to the new TM30 regulations, if you're re-entering with a ME visa, or re-entry permit then a new Tm30 is not required.
Depends if your IO is complying with the regulation, or not.

• Thanks 1

On 9/17/2024 at 9:16 PM, Jack1988 said:

You will need the screenshot-copy of the TM-30 to show at your next visit to immigration, to avoid any fine.  You do not need to make a special-trip just to swap your screenshot-copy for their receipt before your next visit to immigration.  You are "in the system" as soon as it is filed.  Your copy is just to ensure they can find the record without issue, and to prove it was done.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/17/2024 at 9:06 PM, Liquorice said:

You should have covered this with the owner before taking the apartment.

Might be semantics but my wild guess is that a condo/house owner who adamantly refuses to file a TM30 for the leaseholder does so for nefarious purposes and will definitely not Hand over a copy of the Tabien Baan.

As DrJack rightfully says, refusal to lodge a TM30 is one of the warning signs to NOT sign a lease with this owner same as offering contracts only in Thai, being billed fake rates for electricity rather than paying directly to MEA etc.

3 hours ago, FlyingThai said:

Might be semantics but my wild guess is that a condo/house owner who adamantly refuses to file a TM30 for the leaseholder does so for nefarious

I have no idea of reason why landlord would not deal with TM30.

Some suggest taxation reasons, personally don't buy that.

My partner has condos. A couple have farang tenants.

One (a teacher) requires a TM30 every time he renews contract with school.

She provides her real estate agent with necessary docs and that's it.

I just asked her what the agent charges and her reply "nothing".

Long story about very little. 

Point is if owner will not/cannot provide TM30 then put line through that one. Some Airbnb seem reluctant to do TM30. 

This also applies to tourists planning to obtain an extension. That means dealing with immigration.

Check accommodation will provide a TM30 

Just one more question. Do I have to go to report my tm30 to the immigration within 24 hour? As my landlord will only register a TM 30 for me on Saturday and immigration is closed on weekends 

2 minutes ago, Jack1988 said:

Just one more question. Do I have to go to report my tm30 to the immigration within 24 hour? As my landlord will only register a TM 30 for me on Saturday and immigration is closed on weekends 

Just ask landlord for screenshot of TM30 filling and do nothing.

If in future you have dealings with immigration for example... extension have photocopy of the TM30 screenshot. 

• Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Just ask landlord for screenshot of TM30 filling and do nothing.

If in future you have dealings with immigration for example... extension have photocopy of the TM30 screenshot. 

all right thanks... It's also fine if i ask my landlord to give me a printout of the online tm30 registration that she has made for me for the immigration? The hotel i was before gave me a printout of it for example, not really a screenshot

Edited by Jack1988

44 minutes ago, Jack1988 said:

all right thanks... It's also fine if i ask my landlord to give me a printout of the online tm30 registration that she has made for me for the immigration? The hotel i was before gave me a printout of it for example, not really a screenshot

Yes, I don't know why people are saying to get a screenshot of application. The latest TM30 system gives a very official print-out of TM30 to present to immigration

This is what the TM30 system gives you (my info removed), which is just as easy to print and much more formal than a screenshot

Screenshot_20240919_200010_Samsung Notes.jpg

Edited by Pattaya57