Car Rental In Pattaya / Jomtien

HenryLongfellow

i am currently renting from q cars in the jomtien beach condominium complex a nice black toyota vios for 23000 baht a month.had rented from holiday rentals on 3rd road at pattaya nua for 12000 baht a week.no problems with either company and the cars are all nice and new with great a/c,but one gets much better rates with long term rentals.i did see some cars for rent in the classifieds of the pattaya mail for 10000 a month but definitely would want to check out what the car is like first.

i am currently renting from q cars in the jomtien beach condominium complex

I have had bad experience with this company on short term rentals. They refused to return the deposit for just normal wear and tear.

Since my bad experience I have heard similar stories from others that say they would never rent from them again.

I have had bad experience with this company on short term rentals. They refused to return the deposit for just normal wear and tear.

Since my bad experience I have heard similar stories from others that say they would never rent from them again.

Can we have a few more details about that.

What's normal wear and tear.?

I would have thought that a CDW (collision damage waiver) would be essential in Pattaya. Wouldn't this cover anything above normal fair wear and tear?

when i first moved to pattaya i rented a car for 2 months from chalee car rental on 3rd road.

no issues at all with them, infact 4 days after paying the 3rd months rent i bought a car... took the rental back and was refunded in total the balance of the month and also the full deposit.. no problems for them.

i have since had a few friends come out and stay and on all 4 occasions i have organsied a rental thru chalee and some deal ...no drama's and sertvice with a smile.

rented from them once....never again...car was terrible, brakes metal to metal, didnt run properly...took me 3 attempts to find a car that was passable and safe...and if you are unlucky enough to have the old woman :o *take care* of you...she is rude and ignorant

rented from them once....never again...car was terrible, brakes metal to metal, didnt run properly...took me 3 attempts to find a car that was passable and safe...and if you are unlucky enough to have the old woman :o *take care* of you...she is rude and ignorant

the thought of that woman made me forget !!!....as previously mentioned the one at the beach end of threppasit road is very good....one stop i think it is called...recommended

Western Car Rentals was OK a couple of years ago - haven't used them since.

WCR = Western Car Rentals :o

Thanks for the mention. I am still around, but with much reduced stock as I have sold off most of the cars due to me working full time on another business now. However I still have a couple of cars I rent out to my regular customers.

PM me if you want details. I have just had a nice car returned after being out for the last year to a guy.

All cars have RENTAL insurance and Bail Bond as standard.

Yes, I had the angry old English woman. ( I wonder if she has a work permit ).

The normal wear and tear was just a scuff mark that if I had time to get some polish would have come off in less than 5 minutes.

But of course she had no time for me to try this as the car was already booked to go out ( so she said, surely she would have access to some polish if they look after cars, but "no, I don't have any polish here" was what I was told )

I will never rent from QCars again and advise anybody else to avoid them also.

Buget,Hertz,Avis.

May cost slightly more than what you have on these posts but without any of the hassle.

Top notch motor,,no problems.

Sometimes it aint worth the hassle.

Cheers

• 5 weeks later...
I would like to know others opinions of car rental firms in Pattaya or Jomtien.

Good and bad experiences. Recommendations to use and recommendations to avoid.

Thanks.

I have a friend rented from expat long term vigo, 32000 a month, found another with a lady named rita for the same car 18000 a month, if you want long term my advise is shop around,

Thanks for the mention. I am still around, but with much reduced stock as I have sold off most of the cars due to me working full time on another business now. However I still have a couple of cars I rent out to my regular customers.

Do you have a web site WCR?

Buget,Hertz,Avis.

May cost slightly more than what you have on these posts but without any of the hassle.

Cheers

actually Hertz are cheaper than most. Vios for 19000 baht per month with proper insurance - i wouldnt hire a car from any local thai ,if you read the small print it is frightening

have rented loads of cars and trucks since i have been going to thailand for the past 16 years

in my experience Q cars is by far the best

i had a toyota vigo truck for three weeks

the windscreen broke and there were a couple of scratches on the truck when i took it back

think the owner is jon fox and his mother works there with him

had no problem with her and she was very friendly

before i took the car back i had it cleaned in and out and polished

have booked for xmas this year same truck

very good website

Do you have a web site WCR?

Hello. No I don't have a website. I now only own a couple of cars that I rent out to regulars. The rest of the cars I have now sold.

To anyone who is renting. Please be aware that price isn't the main thing you should be worrying about. Insurance is paramount. You must insure that you have RENTAL insurance and BAIL BOND when renting. I give this standard in my rates. Some others don't. A lot of rental companies just rent out on private insurance. In this situation, legally you are not insured. And as TIT, who do you think will cop it if you have an accident, you or the Thai owner of the car???

• 3 weeks later...
:o IVE TRIED ALMOST ALL THE CAR RENTAL COMPANIES (APART FROM THE THE BEACH BUMS) IN PATTAYA AND JOMTIEN, WITHOUT A DOUBT Q CARS WIN BY A MILE. THEY ARE ALWAYS RELIABLE AND PROVIDE PROPER INSURANCE AND 24 HOUR BREAKDOWN SERVICE WITH ENGLISH SPEAKERS ON THE END OF THE LINE. RENTED AT LEAST A DOZEN OF THERE VEHICLES HAD A COUPLE OF ACCIDANTS AND THE Q CARS TEAM HAVE BEEN FANTASTIC AND VERY PROFFESSIONAL WITH THE WAY THEY HANDLED EVERYTHING. THEY HAVE FAR AND AWAY THE BIGGEST FLEET IN PATTAYA AND MOST OF THE LARGE COMPANIES RENT LONG TERM FROM THEM. JON THE ENGLISH OWNER IS A hel_l OF A NICE GUY, WHO WILL ADVISE YOU ON ALMOST ANYTHING AND WILL GLADLY HAVE A FRIENDLY CHAT OVER A BEER OR TWO. YOU CAN CONTACT HIM DIRECT ON 0818087213. HE ALWAYS ANSWERS HIS PHONE.

you home now to take my call?need advice about my friend's gf and whether or not he should dump her.and i'll pass on the beers today.

:o IVE TRIED ALMOST ALL THE CAR RENTAL COMPANIES (APART FROM THE THE BEACH BUMS) IN PATTAYA AND JOMTIEN, WITHOUT A DOUBT Q CARS WIN BY A MILE. THEY ARE ALWAYS RELIABLE AND PROVIDE PROPER INSURANCE AND 24 HOUR BREAKDOWN SERVICE WITH ENGLISH SPEAKERS ON THE END OF THE LINE. RENTED AT LEAST A DOZEN OF THERE VEHICLES HAD A COUPLE OF ACCIDANTS AND THE Q CARS TEAM HAVE BEEN FANTASTIC AND VERY PROFFESSIONAL WITH THE WAY THEY HANDLED EVERYTHING. THEY HAVE FAR AND AWAY THE BIGGEST FLEET IN PATTAYA AND MOST OF THE LARGE COMPANIES RENT LONG TERM FROM THEM. JON THE ENGLISH OWNER IS A hel_l OF A NICE GUY, WHO WILL ADVISE YOU ON ALMOST ANYTHING AND WILL GLADLY HAVE A FRIENDLY CHAT OVER A BEER OR TWO. YOU CAN CONTACT HIM DIRECT ON 0818087213. HE ALWAYS ANSWERS HIS PHONE.

Sounds like a good idea - have a few beers and then shoot off into the Thai traffic in a rented car - are you covered even if you're pissed??

Edited by wilko

Sounds like a good idea - have a few beers and then shoot off into the Thai traffic in a rented car - are you covered even if you're pissed??

No, he's talking about the owner of the company!!!! :D

NOTHING WRONG WITH HOLIDAY CAR RENT APART FROM THE PRICES. I THOUGHT THEY WERE EXPENSIVE COMPARED TO OTHER COMPANIES. FOR INSTANCE TOYOTA VIOS BHT12,000 1 WEEK, QCARS BHT7,800

:o OK you are a leading authority on car rental companies in the Pattaya / Jomtien area , but I bet you dont know where the CAPS LOCK key is on your keyboard :D

Buget,Hertz,Avis.

Cheers

actually Hertz are cheaper than most. Vios for 19000 baht per month with proper insurance - i wouldnt hire a car from any local thai ,if you read the small print it is frightening

Is this 19,000 a month for a Vios achieved by just turning up and negotiating, because I checked online with Hertz, and the cheapest for a Vios for a month is over 30,000. Just asking as I will be looking for a 2 or 3 month rental soon.

Thanks

I have been a Q-Car customer for about 18 months now, on my 8th rental and average rental is always about a month so get a decent rate. The owner also rented me his personal (new) vehicle temporarily rather than have me take an older vehicle or take my business elsewhere. They called me up to say my original choice was available and when I got there it was actually a brand new truck delivered from the dealer the night before! They will happily deliver or collect at your home or hotel but if they are busy (and they usually are) you may have to wait a bit for their driver. I always book via email and a car is always available.