Bus Companies Lament Over Suspension of School Field Trips

webfact

9 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

Not a chance. A lick of paint and they will be back on the road.

Totally correct the cost of a new bus is very expensive although the bus is safe as it will be built to UN R118 standard which Thailand has adopted, but not many are built as Thailand is struggling to meet this Standard plus this is ONLY for NEW busses,  Old Busses do not have Any standard  so that is why they are bombs ready to go off  any back yard mechanic can work on old busses 

6 minutes ago, MikeandDow said:

Totally correct the cost of a new bus is very expensive although the bus is safe as it will be built to UN R118 standard which Thailand has adopted, but not many are built as Thailand is struggling to meet this Standard plus this is ONLY for NEW busses,  Old Busses do not have Any standard  so that is why they are bombs ready to go off  any back yard mechanic can work on old busses 

Unfortunately there are very few standards that appear to be adhered to and not just for buses. I have worked in the Oil & Gas industry for over 30 years and no one I know in the industry would consider have a LPG powered vehicle. I can be wrong in my opinion but not a majority are wrong.

Edited by Photoguy21

1 minute ago, Photoguy21 said:

Unfortunately there are very few standards that appear to be adhered to and not just for buses.

Thailand has lots of Standards and specifications,also safety protocols  but it is the Enforcement and educationally awareness that is lacking also the willingness of the Thai people to change there attitude  

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, MikeandDow said:

Thailand has lots of Standards and specifications,also safety protocols  but it is the Enforcement and educationally awareness that is lacking also the willingness of the Thai people to change there attitude  

Exactly.