Do you have a favorite "Old Man" song?: With all this aging going on...Will we survive?

Dear Folks,

Having just been notified that I may soon need a dental implant, or two, I realize that I am no longer the young man I once was.

And then, I got to thinking...

What is my favorite Old Man novel, and my most revered Old Man song.....

I guess, it's hard to top The Old Man and the Sea, even though so many critics of the time POO POO'd it....  (meaning they pooh-poohed it)......

Maybe you also might think of that very OLD Italian MAN in the book Catch-22.

There are just too many good OLD MAN and OLD MEN books floating around, and it's impossible to think of just one.

However......Concerning one of the best OLD MAN/OLD MEN songs of the past 100 years, then I can't think of another, off hand, that might come close to this.....

But maybe you can, and I am sure you might, think of something that can top Neil Young's....

Neil Young is older now, but he is not writing songs any better than he once did.

Maybe his music is such that, when we hear it, we can still recall almost exactly where we were when we first heard some of his tunes.....

Personally, I associate the Harvest Moon album with Martha's Vineyard, and Honda motorcycles, and  wealthy girls with huge houses in Princeton, NJ.

There used to be a community of HIPPIES living in tents in the backwoods somewhere off the beaten track on Martha's Vineyard.  

They lived in a veritable dump, but seemed pleased with their way of life, at least during summer months.

Things change, and when we look back we wonder how we might have done some things we once did, or thought what we thought.

And I wonder how much longer we can hold out here, too, now that we are aging fast, and now that some of us seem to be in the final throws of our glory.

Whom among us will take up the cudgel and keyboard when we are tool old to type, as we just....

Fade away, like the Old Keyboard Warriors MacArthur almost wept over, who will never really die.....

Just continue fading....

And fading.....

Bit by bit......

By bit.

So, how many Old Man or Old Men songs do you know that are better than this one by Neil?

Just wondering.

Best regards,

Gamma

Note4:  But... there are younger men, joining these days, who will one day...in fact....sing about us Old Men, and sing our praises, just as younger singers may sing about Neil Young, these days....

We will be remembered.

Don't you worry about that....

Though we may, gradually, become toothless....

Figuratively speaking, of course.

Edited by GammaGlobulin