Guest House Fire Off Pattaya Beach Road

Georgealbert

IMG_6502.jpeg

Emergency responders on the morning of October 7 at approximately 08.00, were called to a fire on Soi 13 off of Pattaya Beach Road.

The fire was reported  in a bar below a guest house, and smoke seen coming from the bar and the Tattoo shop next door. The fire was quickly dealt with by responders, but resorted in smoke logging of the premises.

As the fire service were using ventilation fans to clear the smoke a hotel guest was spotted on the second floor balcony with smoke still lingering from the room behind them.

A ladder of put up on the front of the building to access the guest, but he was led to safety by firefighters internally through the guest house, with a towel over his head. The tourist was given first aid for the effects of smoke inhalation at the scene.

The cause of the fire and extent of damage is still under investigation.

Picture and video from responders.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-10-07

Cigna Banner (500x100) (1).png

image.png

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

smoke logging

First time I have ever heard that phrase.

Thanks to DuckDuckGo for the answer.

Step 3. Smoke Logging

If a building isn’t properly ventilated, it could become smoke logged in several minutes. While this smoke will primarily consist of entrained air, it’s also possible for a substantial amount of asphyxiates and toxic substances to be present in the smoke as well. In this scenario, the smoke could disorientate an individual within seconds. This same individual could die in a matter of minutes.

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Tropicalevo said:

First time I have ever heard that phrase.

Thanks to DuckDuckGo for the answer.

Sorry, showing my background, as the article was wrote from watching a live feed of the incident.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1