Deadly Bus Fire Tragedy Highlights Safety Failures on Thai Roads

webfact

16 hours ago, Cereal said:

I would think that before leaving a driver would check his vehicle for safety. But maybe that's just me being pedantic and, you know, safe!

I really can't see any driver thinking "better check the integrity of the gas tanks".....most wouldn't know what they were looking at or looking for......light checks, yes, brake check as they set off, yes, glance at the tyres, yes.

23 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

I really can't see any driver thinking "better check the integrity of the gas tanks".....most wouldn't know what they were looking at or looking for......light checks, yes, brake check as they set off, yes, glance at the tyres, yes.

Why would the driver check the integrity of the gas Tanks that is a specialized Inspectors job  A Risk assessment should be carried out by the Driver   A Risk assessment is a Book   dedicated to that bus and in it a list of what the bus driver has to check and sign off,  yes it is not a perfect system he could not bother and just sign off with out doing this, then there is only one person responsible, there is NO perfect safety system it all boils down to the individual 

3 minutes ago, MikeandDow said:

Why would the driver check the integrity of the gas Tanks that is a specialized Inspectors job  A Risk assessment should be carried out by the Driver   A Risk assessment is a Book   dedicated to that bus and in it a list of what the bus driver has to check and sign off,  yes it is not a perfect system he could not bother and just sign off with out doing this, then there is only one person responsible, there is NO perfect safety system it all boils down to the individual 

Not sure if you're agreeing with me?

Did you read the comment to which I was responding?

Edited by Will B Good

16 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Not sure if you're agreeing with me?

Did you read the comment to which I was responding?

Yes i am agreeing with you the Driver would not check as i have posted

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Yeah...having spent 10 years in the airline industry, a few years sailing, and then the house construction industry, I guess I'm kinda safety conscious. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Cereal said:

Yeah...having spent 10 years in the airline industry, a few years sailing, and then the house construction industry, I guess I'm kinda safety conscious. 

If so you must have done Risk assessments

https://www.hse.gov.uk/simple-health-safety/risk/steps-needed-to-manage-risk.htm#_Control_the_risks

Edited by MikeandDow