Suspension of TM6 Arrival Form Extended to Boost Tourism

webfact

1 hour ago, bristolgeoff said:

TM6 no more or ETA like other countries online.Tm6 was filled out on the plane sometimes or while u waited to enter.The electronic entry card will probadly happen when it is ready.But the tm6 was easy enough 

You could write any old nonsense on it as well:smile:

• Agree 2

I have not seen a TM6 that we used to fill out on the planes for years! So what is this? ETA is a damn joke and is totally not necessary! Can Thailand please stop all this visa confusing BS and keep things steady for a while! This confusion makes me sick and wanting to change destination! There are millions of people that always shy away from PC's, so I am sure Thailand will LOSE tourists instead of gaining! And why the desperation to have tourists?? Sounds like they soon are willing to sell the country for a few dollars!!🤮

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, newbee2022 said:

Yes, after this announcement tourists will flog to enter Thailand. TM6 was a very difficult hurdle to come to paradise. Sure.

so where will these 'flogging stations' be set up  :whistling:

• Haha 1

Why the negativity re the ETA? The whole world seems to be moving in this direction. Can you imagine the manual work required in processing the TM6 when all this will be processed electronically through the ETA.

It's the future of travel and we have to learn to live with it.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

In a bid to alleviate bottlenecks at immigration and stimulate tourism, the suspension of the TM6 form requirement for travellers entering Thailand has been extended until 30 April next year.

Whoopy doo

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, madmitch said:

The future is bright the future is orange ! ...why do we have to learn to live with it ?

some times if it ain't broken then don't fix it,  and everyone should have the chance at a job  from the farmer growing the tree to the immigration officer scrutinising the travel document  much like the CBDC's  once it is all digital then its all "game over" 

Philippines has a working EPass system. Twice now when using it from my phone I have had it lock when trying to enter my flight number. I had to find an internet cafe and do it on a pc, which worked fine. A few people on line had the same problem. 

Imagine this happening when you try to fill it out just before leaving for the airport! 

1 hour ago, madmitch said:

Why the negativity re the ETA? The whole world seems to be moving in this direction. Can you imagine the manual work required in processing the TM6 when all this will be processed electronically through the ETA.

ETA is joust another word for a Visa
You can come Visa ekstremt,. så you need at ETA insted. Sounds better

1 hour ago, harryviking said:

I have not seen a TM6 that we used to fill out on the planes for years! So what is this?…

The chronology of the TM.6 requirement apparently is like this:

1. Once upon a time, all aliens arriving in Thailand had to fill out the TM.6 arrival/departure card.
  2. Then, a few years ago, this requirement was abolished for aliens arriving by air.
  3. Starting from 15 April 2024, the requirement was suspended for aliens arriving at 16 key land and sea checkpoints, including Aranyaprathet in Sa Kaeo, Chiang Saen in Chiang Rai, and Padang Besar in Songkhla for a period of six months, ie until 15 October 2024.
  4. On 15 October 2024, the suspension for aliens arriving at 16 key land and sea checkpoints has been extended until 30 April 2025.