Husband Dies Driving Wife to Hospital, Lost Control, Crashes into Lamp Post

Georgealbert

IMG_7122.jpeg

Officers from Bang Pu Police Station received a report at approximately 06.30 on October 21, of a pickup truck driver that lost control, veered onto the sidewalk, and overturned, crashing into a house in the Praeksa subdistrict of Mueang district, Samut Prakan province. The incident resulted in one fatality and one injury.

Upon receiving the report, police and rescue teams were dispatched to the scene. The incident occurred in front of a local residence on Praeksa Road. A black Toyota pickup truck was found overturned on its side, having crashed into the post and then the fence of the house. Inside the vehicle, authorities discovered one injured individual and one deceased.

Rescue efforts were hindered by the vehicle’s position, as it had landed on top of a large electrical transformer. After 20 minutes of careful maneuvering, responders were able to free the injured passenger, identified as Ms. Sudarat (surname withheld), 56, who suffered cuts to her face and chest pain. She was treated on-site and later transported to the hospital for further care. The driver, identified as Mr. Jarae (surname withheld), 58,  died at the scene from a broken neck.

Initial inquiries revealed that Ms. Sudarat had been suffering from a toothache and was en route to the hospital with her husband when the accident occurred. According to Ms. Sudarat, her husband, who was driving, suddenly passed out, causing the vehicle to swerve uncontrollably, mount the sidewalk, and flip over.

Mr. Suriyan (surname withheld), 47, the homeowner whose property was damaged in the crash, described the moment of the accident. “I was inside my house when I heard a loud crash. I ran outside and heard a woman crying for help, but I couldn’t get close due to the danger. I immediately called emergency services. The injured woman told me that she was traveling with her partner, who had passed out while driving.”

Authorities are continuing their investigation into the cause of the accident.

Picture from responders.

IMG_7124.jpeg

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-10-22

Cigna Banner (500x100) (1).png

image.png