Body Found with Throat Slit on Rural Roadside in Chonburi

IMG_7383.jpeg

A driver returning home late on October 26, discovered a man's lifeless body lying on a rural dirt road in Panat Nikhom, Chonburi, near the Ban Pho district of Chachoengsao. The deceased appeared recently killed, with his throat severely cut and signs of a struggle in the surrounding area.

At around 23:00, Lieutenant Thassaphon Chubua, investigator from Panat Nikhom Police Station, received a report of a body found on a dirt road in Moo 10, Sa Si Liam Subdistrict. The scene was secured by emergency responders from Sawang Het Rescue Unit.

The victim, identified as Mr. Banyong, 35, a local of Ban Pho, was found lying on his back with one leg crossed over the other. He was dressed in dark clothing, with a shaved head, and lay with eyes open in shock. His throat showed a deep cut, severing the trachea, and his face bore multiple lacerations, with significant blood loss in the area.

Close to the body, authorities discovered a large bloodstain, and approximately 11 metres away lay a blood-stained, six-inch wooden-handled kitchen knife, presumed to be the murder weapon. Flattened rice stalks nearby suggested a violent struggle as the victim attempted to escape.

The initial report came from Mr. Pricha Promsri, 52, who first spotted the body. "I was driving home and thought I saw some cloth on the road. But as I got closer, I realized it was a body. I immediately backed up and called the community leader," he shared.

Police have begun contacting the victim's relatives for questioning and are interviewing locals who knew him. Investigators are also reviewing security footage in the area to gather leads on the assailant, who remains at large.

Picture courtesy of Khaosod.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-10-27

Cigna Banner (500x100) (1).png

image.png

• Sad 1