Do We Have To Wear Helmets On Hot Days?

anonymousfarang

Ok, I know the law is the law, but today it was pretty hot. I also noticed no one or next to no one was wearing helmets, I even saw some people riding holding their helmets in their hands. Do cops just not care when it's hot about wearing a helmet?

Only if you want your brain to fry on the road after an accident. :D

Why do you think you need less protection when it is hot??

Please be safe

Regards

:o

Ok, I know the law is the law, but today it was pretty hot. I also noticed no one or next to no one was wearing helmets, I even saw some people riding holding their helmets in their hands. Do cops just not care when it's hot about wearing a helmet?

Oh Geez, here we go again.

Either a troll or someone please direct this newbie to the long list of helmet topics, please? :o

Sorry anyoldmousefarang, but this has been done ad infinitum in the past. Please learn to use the search function.

Thanks

does it matter what the cops think? :D

Im sure they still care enough to earn a few extra for tea. :o

Either a troll or someone please direct this newbie to the long list of helmet topics, please? :o

Sorry anyoldmousefarang, but this has been done ad infinitum in the past. Please learn to use the search function.

Thanks

Well, I posted here in the CHIANGMAI forum because I figure laws are enforced differently in different parts of the country. Maybe you could learn the copy and paste function, then you could answer the question instead and be helpful.

Lol, it's Chiang Mai - you don't need to ever wear a helmet.

Caveats:

1. You are far more likely to die (tho this doesn't stop people [like me =P] - "helmets really mess up my hair")

2. You might need to pay a fine once in a while.

But yea, the heat has nothing to do with it. You're still gonna die without a helmet. And you're still gonna have bad hear WITH a helmet. Life's dilemmas :o

Wear your helmet if you value you life or your face. Wear it when it's extremely hot, even. However, there is a special Chiang Mai local law that if you're within 18 meters of the moat and it's 46 degrees in the shade (that's Celsius, of course), and you've just been run over by a blue chang (elephant, not the beer), then you don't have to wear your helmet during your cremation.

Thanks

Well, I posted here in the CHIANGMAI forum because I figure laws are enforced differently in different parts of the country. Maybe you could learn the copy and paste function, then you could answer the question instead and be helpful.

Seems you could take a few lessons on the functions of the Forum mate.

Yes

Sure they care when it's hot, went into Chiang Rai today an it was HOT. Boys in Brown had two lanes blocked near the old wall and were writing tickets as fast as their little pens could move.

I notice that Thais drive even worse than usual when it is hot. Not the time to be helmetless! :o

i actually thought they drove worse when its raining...

sunny morning = 30 mins to work

rainy morning = 70 mins to work

bad weather = thai driver = no clue = me late for work.

I notice that Thais drive even worse than usual when it is hot. Not the time to be helmetless! :o

Always 'somebody else', huh? What about your driving? I always feel that I need to be careful around farang drivers.. :D

Besides, everywhere I have ever lived, when it rains, people drive more slowly... :D

If the heat really bothers you that much go to shop buy a Police Style helmet in whatever color you like. They are really more like a construction style hard hats air flows through them. They provide some protection but not much and you are legal

As I have witnessed every hot season since some time in the last century, it is not important whether or not you wear a helmet on a bike, or a seat belt in a car, what is important is that you wear a kevlar vest if you have even the slightest suspicion that you may pi$$ someone off today.

Every year, minimum one incident witnessed - always between end of Songkran and start of the serious rains = hotest part of the year and says it all really.

If it's not scraping them off the road, it's pulling them outa the moat - verifiable !!!

G

i believe helmets are optional , but you should always wear shorts and flip flops. also if you going to ride anything like a yam r1 in pattaya then an england football shirt seems to be the favoured safety item at the moment . oh and dont forget the 48 kilo tart on the pillion ,just in case you dont manage to flip the thing on your own. :o

The Pai high school came up with a brilliant idea, 'if you don't wear a helmet, you are not allowed to ride your bike on school grounds'. Our 15 y.o realised he could no longer pose in front of the girls with his new bike and mobile phone so very quickly decided he badly needed a new helmet which he had steadfastly refused to wear before....

sunny morning = 2 mins to open doors and windows, and no work

rainy morning = 1 min to load dvd, and no work

bad weather = no driving= no work = no worries :D

But yea, the heat has nothing to do with it. You're still gonna die without a helmet. And you're still gonna have bad hear WITH a helmet. Life's dilemmas :D

Not true - some of us, who are fortunate, have no trouble with bad hair after wearing our helmets. Long live the bald fraternity! :o

but on a serious note i couldn't urge people enough to wear (a good) helmet having witnessed a farang coming off his bike and splitting his head open.

Lol, it's Chiang Mai - you don't need to ever wear a helmet.

Caveats:

1. You are far more likely to die (tho this doesn't stop people [like me =P] - "helmets really mess up my hair")

2. You might need to pay a fine once in a while.

But yea, the heat has nothing to do with it. You're still gonna die without a helmet. And you're still gonna have bad hear WITH a helmet. Life's dilemmas :o

some helmets that may take the focus off your hair and heat

they probably will get you off any fines as they might cause a bit of a giggle :D

post-15912-1186551293_thumb.jpg

post-15912-1186551301_thumb.jpg

post-15912-1186551314_thumb.jpg

post-15912-1186551322_thumb.jpg