Advice Re Thai Gf Honesty

maccado

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Judging by the state of most of the Farangs I see in Thailand, they should be falling to their knees and kissing Thailands streets to even have the opportunity of female companionship, paid or not.

Perhaps it's time to stop meeting farangs on barstools. :o

Judging by the state of most of the Farangs I see in Thailand, they should be falling to their knees and kissing Thailands streets to even have the opportunity of female companionship, paid or not.

Perhaps it's time to stop meeting farangs on barstools. :o

You could easily spend that on a night out in the UK. Plus she would be embarrassed to ask for money to help family yet ask yourself what are the alternatives. If the family are in a real crisis and she wants to help however she can...............would you rather she turned tricks to earn the cash. Sometimes a girl can be caught inbetween a rock and a hard place, give her an alternative, trust her and help her now but explain that in future you need to know EVERYTHING. Its a small price to pay and any friend asked in the Uk you would lend such a small sum without thinking twice.

Perhaps it's time to stop meeting farangs on barstools. :D

A good old Social Security system would take care of that for the majority, but alas, there ain't no such thing in LOS, hence the hoardes of farangs arriving in Thailand to exploit the poverty.

Many try to justify it by saying , " I'm really into Asian girls", go to Singapore or Japan I believe they are also Asian, but wait a moment, you can't exploit them can you with your 300 quid a week job in the local supermarket in Barnsley stacking baked beans on the shelves.

I don't notice hoardes of sex tourists heading to Tokyo, just the poor countries.

I will advise Thai girls to get whatever they can out of Farangs, cos he WILL cheat on you for sure, and he DOES only see you as a subservient maid, cook, bedpartner, and when you are past your sell by date he WILL change you for a younger model. Get what you can girls, the clock is ticking!!!

I hate the generalisation that appears on forums like this, don't you ? :o

Its a small price to pay and any friend asked in the Uk you would lend such a small sum without thinking twice.

Lending your mate money and having a girlfriend lie to you to get money is a different thing don't you think?

My Farang mate in Bkk lied to me and cheated me out of 60,000 baht, I would advise all Thai people never to lend money to Farangs.

I think u should look for someone in uk or so.. dont complicate your self with thai gals :D

There you go lads, that's all the advice you will ever need, stick with your own kind and live an uncomplicated life with honest women. :o

I think u should look for someone in uk or so.. dont complicate your self with thai gals :D

There you go lads, that's all the advice you will ever need, stick with your own kind and live an uncomplicated life with honest women. :o

pretty much better than paying a gf .

I would like to add that this story is true and not a load of bunk as someone has suggested.

I appreciate the advice of get a girl in uk and don't complicate your life but i would like to add that i never specifically set out to fall for a thai girl but sometimes you can not control who you fall for.

Any how i appreciate some people think she will have many men in her phone who send her money etc ....., i know this is not the case.

For me it is a case of if i forgive her and move on from this and try to rebuild my trust in her. Will she see this as me being weak and effectively think she can get away with deception or will she think ok i made a mistake lets learn from this and not do it again.

For me it is a case of if i forgive her and move on from this and try to rebuild my trust in her. Will she see this as me being weak and effectively think she can get away with deception or will she think ok i made a mistake lets learn from this and not do it again.

Nobody knows who you are, nobody knows who she is, you claim to know her intimately. So you know her better than any total stranger, right?

Why are you posting on an anonymous internet forum asking advice from people who you would not know if they fell on you from a great height?

Get a grip man !! It's your life, up to you.

Edited by Maigo6

I'd like to tackle this from a different angle. The OP has just asked if he forgives her will she see him as weak.

This is very interesting. Will she now straight out ask for money? If she does, will she be angry/lose face/ have her delicate ego damaged if the answer is NO?

I would like to be the first to congratulate the OP for finding a Thai that will own up to their lies/mistakes. Joking aside this could mean she really likes him.

Will she see this as me being weak and effectively think she can get away with deception or will she think ok i made a mistake lets learn from this and not do it again.

Better still, let her see how you deal with minor problems by letting her see your posts in this thread.

I think she will see you for being a bit of an emotional weakling and dump you for a real man.

Problem solved. :o

Edited by Maigo6

LOL Maigo6 i am neither a troll nor an emotional weekling, i am merely interested in peoples views, thank you for the posts though i appreciate your frankness and your honesty

Glad to assist in a fellow farangs mega problems.

:o

Instead of asking a bunch of total strangers from an internet forum about your personal life, ask the man in the mirror what he thinks about it.

Culture Shock Thailand talks about the notion of truth and commitments to things as simple as meeting for lunch, etc.

So right off the boat, we can be prepared for the differences about "truth" in the Land of Lies. ;-)

There are as many roads to love and heartbreak as there are seekers, so no one can claim to understand exactly what is going on for the OP.

I'd probably fall into his predicament as quickly as he did, if I was in his shoes. Still the parable of high school sweethearts who have to go to separate colleges might apply to anyone who is considering a relationship that will involve a significant separation of time and distance.

It might be best to say, "thanks, it was nice. I hope we can pick up where we left off the next time I'm in Thailand. Until then, lets let time pass and see what happens." The OP's situation seems to illustrate how easy it is for mistrust or deceit to occur.

Thais in my extended family here pleaded for money from farang relatives, because of dire circumstances. They spent at least part of the money to decoratively pave their long driveway! This kind of situation is posted on the forum much more often than success stories. I suppose its worth noting that as well. The lucky ones rarely feel like tooting their horns here.

Edited by Upcountry

If it sticks in your throat and will always be a cancer eating away at you then you know what to do.

If you can file it away and make it part of understanding this girl then you have the option to continue.

Only you can truly decide what is best for you.

If we all took the advice of the one mistake and you are out brigade the global divorce rate would be 100%. No one is perfect (apart from me) and you do have to accept behaviour you do not feel comfortable with in any relationship, the point is knowing what is beyond the line for you.

what answers is he really exp0ecting here?

The same answers any Troll expects when posting! :D

you are the expert on trolling maigo6.

For a guy that's been on the forum a few days, how would you know ?

Or are you trolling ? :o

True. I've been here for years and haven't yet figured out if you're a troll, embittered, a bit batty or just a combination of the three.

In my opinion, if she was in this relationship because she loves/cares for you she would have no reason to lie to you. She would be able to say straight up "Can I borrow/have some money to help my mother out?"..it's not difficult to tell the truth if feelings and situation are genuine. Who can blame Thai women for the situation here with so many thinking that farang men are their ticket to money when they're so keen to lavish them with cash handouts when they don't even live in the same country and have only been together a few months. People like to blame the women but the men have brought it on themselves. If someone lies to you once they will absolutely do it again..you should consider yourself lucky you got a sign so early on.

lets see

you lashed out at people at this thread for criticizing a women who asked her bf living overseas for 15k baht for something that costs 2k baht, telling us that we are rotten for expecting her to throw her parents out into the night.

then you told us that we should try to meet thai girls outside of bars.

so, for your sake, i hope you are just a troll.

I think everyone has different standards as to what goes over the line of just being a small white lie and what is a major lie. If you had a girlfriend in the UK that lied to you in a very similar way, how would you treat the situation ? Just because she is Thai does not mean that you should change your standards of trust in people .

I should mention that 2000 Baht would not get you far at AUA for English lessons and the 15000 Baht would be a more likely sum for any reasonable number of lessons so it confused me a little when she admitted that she lied to you.

IMHO if you have checked it out thorougly and she did in fact lie to you, at the very least this type of behavior should throw up a big yellow warning flag to you. As for my personal standards, lies about money are major deal breakers when it comes to future trust. Good luck. :o

Very good answer and advise, i think we all know what we would do if a new (ish) girlfriend lied to us in our home countries, but common sense seems to go out the window as its a thai,.i left 300.000 baht in my bank and gave my girlfriend (then ) access to it and went back to the uk for 3 weeks,. i told her whilst i was away if she needed money for anything to take what she needed, ! ( yes yes i know now,read on ),you know what im going to say now dont you? ,.yep youre right, when i got back all but the pet dog had been ill and the lot was gone, she was not a bar girl but worked as telephonist at a hotel, i dumped her right away,.,i did it again ! with another girl, she spent 1500 baht of it on something for me !, i married her 7 years ago, shes a super girl, dont give up, they are about,.