Suggest A Place For Me

girlx

i am considering leaving koh phangan for awhile and because of the fact that i need a reliable internet connection wherever i stay i am thinking about chiang mai. if i come i would want to stay anywhere from 3 weeks to 2 months. i am looking for recommendations on a place that has an internet connectin in the room (LAN or wifi), isn't too expensive (not more than 800b a night if possible), is in an area from which it would be easy for me to get around with pulic transport, and as a solo female i would like to be near places where i could meet other longstayers or travellers. suggestions?

I've been staying in Tri Gong Residence for the last 5 weeks, their website is www.trigong.com

I am also a female on my own, and I feel really safe here, the door is locked at night, needing a swipecard to get in, and there is always someone abut to help you with anything during the day. Free wi-fi in all rooms, fridge, balcony, hot water, drinking water, tea/coffee and a shared basic kitchen area. It is currently 600 baht per night (I think) or 7000 baht per month (not incl electric and room cleaning), I know this rises at other times of the year.

I think the quality of the accommodation is brilliant for the price, the place is only 2 years old, and still looks brand new. It is right in the old city, and close to plenty of restaurants, bars, markets, but still on a very quiet soi.

PM me if you want to know anything else about it. It the best quality for cheapest price that I have heard of so far.

*edit* I forgot to add that it is always easy to get a tuk tuk or songthaew from this area (no buses in Chiang Mai!), and if you don't meet anyone at Tri Gong, you will definitely meet some people at any of the bars, restaurants and guesthouses nearby, I have had no problems making friends here.

Where were you planning to come here?

Edited by j0j0

thanks, both those suggestions are great!

p.s. is it still rainy season in chiang mai? i was thinking of being there from around aug 15-sept 15...

Edited by girlx