Countries That Allow You To Stay A Long Time W/o A Work Permit?

I have a Thai Wife. I am not of retirement age. I am currently living off savings. We would like to leave Thailand and move to another country, however we would want to get atleast 90 day tourists visas, and be able to return again for another 90 days (spend 6 months outside of Thailand). Does anyone know which countries inwhich we could do this? Vietnam? Malaysia?

If it might help in obtaining a visa to one of these countries, my wife does has a 10 year visa to the USA. (we dont want to stay in there)

Edited by bangkoksingapore

Read in the philippine Media yesterday that the Government there have now amended their immigration rules to allow tourists to stay for up to 24 months

Now they're beginning to realize what a mistake they made 10 years ago when they got rid of the farangs.

When will Thailand get it?

You can stay as long as you like in Cambodia on annual extensions of a business visa. Do not need to submit any documentation re tyope of business or livelihood, or get a work permit (there may be some requorements rlated to owning a business, I don't know about that...but if just consulting or being someone's employee, no paperwork at all). In fact you don't need to be working in Cambodia at all, anyone can have a business visa on request and that's what retired folk do.

One year multiple entry around $260-$270 US for "express"service -- 1-2 days and no need to go to immigration yourself, tons of travel agents and guesthouses do this for you. Can do it much cheaper (and slower) if you go to immnigration yourself.

If planning to do this, get a one month business (rather than tourist) visa on arrival...$25 dollars vs the $20 tourist visa. Then apply for the one year extension, one year automatically good for multiple entries, after that renew annually.

If you enter on a tourist visa it is possible to get visa type changed to business and then extend but a bit of a hassle and will entail at least 2 in person trips to immigration.

I have a Thai Wife. I am not of retirement age. I am currently living off savings. We would like to leave Thailand and move to another country, however we would want to get atleast 90 day tourists visas, and be able to return again for another 90 days (spend 6 months outside of Thailand). Does anyone know which countries inwhich we could do this? Vietnam? Malaysia?

If it might help in obtaining a visa to one of these countries, my wife does has a 10 year visa to the USA. (we dont want to stay in there)

in Malaysia, most citizen of Western countries get a 90 day-stamp automatically. hassle-free and no cost. i dont know about the rules for ASEAN citiezens, though. The Malaysian embassy in Bangkok might be able to assist u.