Outlook Configuration

Devil

Hi if anyone is having any emails bounce straight back (only happended to me 4 days ago as its been fine for one year) when using outlook for a pop3 account you can use the following. I found out on on this link http://support.justhosting.ca/index.php?_m...;kbarticleid=43

A) Pop before smtp -- check your email for new mail before trying to send email. This adds your IP address to a relayhosts file and allows any email to be sent from that IP address for up to 30 minutes. After 30 minutes you have to authenticate again.

:o Configure your email client to authenticate automatically by checking the "my server requires authentication" box in your email configuration. You will be able to send mail without having to "pop" your mail box first.

If using MS Outlook, please try the following:

1) Open outlook

2) Go to Tools/Email Accounts

3) Select the Account with the trouble and click Change

4) Click on More Settings

5) Click on Outgoing Server Tab

6) Click "Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) requires authentication" and make sure "Use same settings as incoming mail server" is selected (see attached image)

7) Click on "Advanced Tab"

8) Set outgoing Port (SMTP) to 26 (if your hosting account is Linux) or 587 if your hosting account is Windows.

9) Click Ok and then Test Account Settings

If it fails on send then repeat starting from 7.

7) Click on Advanced Tab

8) Set outgoing Port (SMTP) to 465 (See attached)

9) Check the box Beside "The server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)".

10 ) Click ok and then Test Account Settings

alot of networks like comcast in the US and others have a low tolerance for resolving where an eeail comes from and when in douht kick it out. Part of killing the spamers. I had a hard time with POP coming out of Thailand even when the POP account was in the US. Not ever ISP is on board with the header required and if you send direact out of your PC it maybe does not look good to the receiving servers. May have to POP to ensure the header has details the servers want to see.