Visa Run To Ranong

Big A

Hi all

Although I have been in LoS for 10 years now, this will actually be my 1st border run on a new Non Imm 'O' multiple visa next week.

I have read many threads that the situation in Victoria Point is that....

* the Burmese entry visa is still US$5(not risen to $10?)

* they only accept crisp, new US notes/bills

* if they think that you have bought the $5 from a bank (and not from a tout or some scam merchant), they will not accept it.

Can anyone verify the above as in recent events?

(Baboon, are you reading this?)

Rgds

Big A

Big A, the cost on the Burmese side is now 10 dollars or 500 baht. As long as the dollars are new they dont seem to care where you got it. Other than that its pretty much the same. Still hassled by the youngsters but just tend to ignore them. Baboon is in the UK at present getting a new O visa so the time difference comes into play with his surfing. Hope this has helped :o

Why not go to the Andaman Club? No hassles. 8kms north of Ranong. Haven't been there for a few years though but can't see it changing much. And they take Baht too.

Where you are matters too. Sometimes easier and quicker to go to Dan Nok, Sadao.

Had a quick look at their website. Thanks, but no thanks!!!! Expensive!! I'm coming from Chumphon and intend to get another stamp for 90 days, so can stay with the in-laws at Pak Nam Chumphon for free!!

Thanx anyway.

i would NEVER do that victoria point run again. why get all sweaty, salty and stressed when you can go across in air conditioned comfort, have no rude pigs at immigration (referring to the customers, not the staff) and have an all round enjoyable trip. the difference in price is nothing when you see what it buys you.