What Kind Of Business Would You Buy In Los?

I am trying to pick one that doesnt just rely on western tourists. Maybe manufacture and/or export. Or internet cafes are used by thais and farangs. Apart from that, I dont have much of a clue what to do. If I dont buy one, I might have to go to cambo. I have owned and managed before and dont care if its something I dont " have a passion " for.

You should have put this tread on the womens forum. From what I've read on their forum they cannot seem to get eyebrow weavers or good waxings anywhere. Anything to do with making women feel they are beautiful has to be a winner as a business. Ask them what they would like to have in Thailand but can't get, and that's the one to go for.

If you go for the waxing business I'm available for volluntary work 3x a week.

This is probably the best advise so far, i have just received an email as to what is hot and women are spending shedloads on make up etc on line,.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obsession, forget the idea.

Quite simply, Thai laws prevent whatever farang business from being profitable.

Just think to put up the business you must present 51% of it to your "Thai partners".

And what if xenophobic Immigration denies you the business visa ? How will you attend your business if you get ousted of Thailand ?

If you are over 50 and can rely on a retirement visa, then you can buy a few condos and rent them.

Everything else is a sure way for ruin.

Do business on the internet and keep your head down :o

A car-wash operated by bikini clad girls. Hand washed while you sit in the car. Sorry I'll get my coat.
Come back, ,thats not as daft as it sounds ! :o , my friend had bikini clad girls serving petrol in the 70s ,the Qs were for miles but the local council put a stop to it under some draconian law,.

Here's an example of the kind of focus and disciplined business planning it takes to succeed in Thailand. Please don't consider opening a business without this much thought.

post-44377-1188282987_thumb.jpg

The famed Mode Tailor Conglomorate, also known as Amalgamated Amalgamations Biz Inc. If the internet business doesn't do well, there is tailoring. If the tailoring fails, there is phone. If people go SKYPE there are bus tours. If no tourists, there is food and drink.

Genius.

If only all successful entrepreneurs were able to come up with such a small diversified company which must be reaping significant economies of scale from such a balanced portfolio of unrelated activities :o

Here's an example of the kind of focus and disciplined business planning it takes to succeed in Thailand. Please don't consider opening a business without this much thought.

Hahahaha! You kill me, as always.

I also shot the sheriff, but I did not kill no deputy.

If only all successful entrepreneurs were able to come up with such a small diversified company which must be reaping significant economies of scale from such a balanced portfolio of unrelated activities :o

There's a great shop here that advertizes "lesbian haircuts (15$) and bike shop" run by a lesbian couple.

The famed Mode Tailor Conglomorate, also known as Amalgamated Amalgamations Biz Inc. If the internet business doesn't do well, there is tailoring. If the tailoring fails, there is phone. If people go SKYPE there are bus tours. If no tourists, there is food and drink.

I think the fancy word you're looking for is "hedging". :o

There's a great shop here that advertizes "lesbian haircuts (15$) and bike shop" run by a lesbian couple.

Wow, lesbian haircut just made my "must-do's before I die" list! I guess that one has to go on the expedited "must-do's before I lose the rest of my hair" list.

Wow, lesbian haircut just made my "must-do's before I die" list! I guess that one has to go on the expedited "must-do's before I lose the rest of my hair" list.

Yeah, I always want to get one but I never dare! My city has some pretty good-looking lesbians, so it might turn out ok, but I'm still too scared!

I once let a student hairdresser cut my hair because she offered me a free haircut and I was curious but -- NEVER AGAIN! -- it was horrible, (worse than the worse haircut I've gotten in Thailand, to tell you how bad it was) and I had to go crying to my real hairdresser to fix it. "This looks like a hair school haircut", she said.