One Way Ticket

Beck1976

I will be going/moving to Thailand in a couple of months. I'm not sure I'll move there permanently, but at this point of time has no plans when to leave the country.

If I only buy a one-way ticket, will I have any problems getting in to the country? Will they demand I also have a departure ticket?

in theory they can ask for a return ticket - but it rarely happens.

Once asked I did reply I have e-ticket and no print out.

The other option is buying an open ticket valid for 6 or 12 months - they are more expensive than those valid for a shorter stay or with a fix return date. You can part of the return fare if you are not going to use it within the year.

They have been asking recently but not normally if you have a visa prior to arrival.

One way of doing it is to use an old e ticket or checkmytrip.com print out and photshop it, they don't have the ability to check it anyway.

Trust me, it works.

They have been asking recently but not normally if you have a visa prior to arrival.

One way of doing it is to use an old e ticket or checkmytrip.com print out and photshop it, they don't have the ability to check it anyway.

Trust me, it works.

As far as I know, I'm not able to get a visa from the thai embassy here in Denmark unless I have a return ticket too. So don't think it's possible for me to have a visa prior to arrival.

So a fake return e-ticket is the way to go?

Trust me, it works.

As far as I know, I'm not able to get a visa from the thai embassy here in Denmark unless I have a return ticket too. So don't think it's possible for me to have a visa prior to arrival.

Well, it's up to you, but it does work and you can always BS your way through, they rarely seem to ask though it seems to be quite random. Most of the immigration officers wouldn't be able to understand an itinerary anyway.

Trust me, it works.

So what your saying is that you have no intention of being a legit long time resident?

Ok, but the problem isn't the immigration at the airport, it's the checking before departure. if you don't have a valid VISA that renders the need for a returnticket/forward ticket void you wont be allowed onto the plane. You might be able to BS your way on, but do you want to take that chance?

If you are going to come here longer then 30 days, go legit. Get a proper VISA in advance.