Just for interest, Does anyone know where or how the Immigaration monies (ie) visa's ect. are divided up and where to they go? Road repair, hospitals, tourest info ect ect ect. Thank You

Edited by Maestro
Removed bold font format of entire post.

With immigration fees so ridiculously low, I don't think they go far past the desk where you pay them. I pay tens of thousands of dollars to the US government and get crap from them. I pay 1,900 baht per year to Thailand and get a little piece of heaven!

Visas are issued by Consulates under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and expect the money is used to offset the expense of there operations in foreign countries. Immigration is a police department branch and expect there money is also used to offset expenses.

One would hope it goes into consolidated revenue, and that the expenses of the various agencies are allocated by the government after proper budget consideration.

It is a dangerous practice to allow revenue raisers to spend "income" as they wish. God forbid, it has been known to encourage corrupt activities :o

One would hope it goes into consolidated revenue, and that the expenses of the various agencies are allocated by the government after proper budget consideration.

It is a dangerous practice to allow revenue raisers to spend "income" as they wish. God forbid, it has been known to encourage corrupt activities :D

Surely not here. :o