Post Office

rayabk

Take a look at the post office website. http://www.thailandpost.com/post_service_en.asp

EMS may be what you're looking for.

EMS is definitely the service you should look for. The yellowish card in postcard format that you have to fill in can be picked up at any post office.

Below you will find a scan. In the upper part you must put your address. In the lower part you fill in the address of the people the letter is going to be sent to (in my case Swiss Embassy). Aroiseta is a fake name of the village I live in. Complement the whole with the actual date.

If EMS is missing on that yellow card, add it below the other services by a square and a cross in that square and write EMS next to it. That is all what you have to do. Bring the card together with the shipment to the post office and just say EMS to the officer.

post-24939-1186724793_thumb.jpg

Take a look at the post office website. http://www.thailandpost.com/post_service_en.asp

EMS may be what you're looking for.

EMS is definitely the service you should look for. The yellowish card in postcard format that you have to fill in can be picked up at any post office.

Below you will find a scan. In the upper part you must put your address. In the lower part you fill in the address of the people the letter is going to be sent to (in my case Swiss Embassy). Aroiseta is a fake name of the village I live in. Complement the whole with the actual date.

If EMS is missing on that yellow card, add it below the other services by a square and a cross in that square and write EMS next to it. That is all what you have to do. Bring the card together with the shipment to the post office and just say EMS to the officer.

post-24939-1186724793_thumb.jpg

Hmmm, my local post office at Klong 6 on the Rangsit-Ongkarak Road doesn't use a form anymore for EMS.  I just tell the clerk "EMS" and he sticks a lable on the envelope or package, then gives me the receipt which is numbered.

BE SURE to keep that receipt, I keep it in my passport just in case Immigration at Suan Plu says they didn't receive my postal notification.  With that "number" the postal folks can trace the delivery to destination.

Mac