Buriram Farmland Prices

expatman

My soon to be Thai wife, lives in SisaKet, and was checking on some land in her village, 1 rai 60,000 baht, 2 rai 110,000 baht, not farm land, future home site; has electric and water, wife does not want to live on same land with Mama and Papa, she also has an Aunt who wants to sell 23 rai, this is rice field land for 210,000 baht, now, what I would like to ask is can someone give me the correct measurement for 1 rai of land, some say a half acre, and some say one quartar acre, I would like to know for sure, 2 rai of land has lots of fruit trees on it, I'll be looking at it in Sept.

1 rai = 400 square wah, 1 wah = 2 meters

so 1 rai = 16,000 square meters (40m x 40m if a square plot)

don't know how much that is in terms of acres or square feet, but you could figure it out

sorry, that should be 1,600 square meters !

(too late in the work day to do math !)

.. Aunt who wants to sell 23 rai, this is rice field land for 210,000 baht, ..

That sounds like a very good price, about 9,200 baht per rai! As others have told me,

just make sure you verify the land type (chanote - good), person holding the title

and access to the land before leaping. Good Luck!

to much without title it is 6,000Baht a rai with title a max of about 10,000Baht a rai its only farm land not prime building land and if it was any good dont you think the locals would have it by now.

Well karlbkk, I don't know where in Issan you are talking about but every place I know of, land with a chanote goes for a MINIMUM of 20,000 baht per rai. That's on a dirt road with no electricity. for most places 20,000 is a bargain. My sister in law IS a Thai and she just bought one rai out in the boonies to build a house. It is on a decent road with electricity available. She paid 100,000. And YES, her husband is Thai too. I thought it was too much because the land is VERY low but she wanted it. It'll take a deep half rai pond to build up the other half rai.

ADDED - There are approximately 2.5 rai to an acre. There are 4,047 square meters to and acre and 1600 square meters to a rai.

Edited by Gary A