Nakon Sawan

SAP

If looking for a western owned pub in NKS you won't be very lucky I believe. I had been living there for a year or so, but moved about 6 month ago. At that time the better places for dining are along the river, when you come into NKS, passing the bridge on the left side. Pretty good Thai food there. Further down the road on the right side comes Pimarn Hotel (approx. 800THB / night), with e very good pub with life music, and a disco with plenty of female visitors late at night. They won't let you in without a ID card there. In downtown is the Mai Hom Hotel (approx. 500 THB/night), just around the corner is a Pub called Terminus with some western food, owner speaks good English. At the center is a lake with plenty of night life around, pubs, discos and karaoke stuff, but again all Thai style. For accommodation I would not really recommend the Pimarn Hotel as the room rate doesn't match the room condition, cheaper at Mai Hom or Beverly Hills (up the hill). Hope this helps and enjoy.

Cheers for that Ludosiam

Will the road from Takfa shortly, are there any other Falung in these parts, as I am going to be working around here for quite a while??

There are quite a few foreigner around there I believe, some can be met at the Pub near the Pimarn Hotel I mentioned. Hope you'll enjoy your stay in NKS, it's a lovely city there.

• 2 weeks later...
Cheers for that Ludosiam

Will the road from Takfa shortly, are there any other Falung in these parts, as I am going to be working around here for quite a while??

If you take the Takfa road you will come to Takli. This is a small town but is use to dealing with farangs. There are various bars all great value plus there's a place does good steaks very cheap.

As ludosiam rightly said Nakhon Sawan is a great city. The Priman hotel is looking it's age now but the Beverly Hills is good but difficult to find if you not quite sure where your going. The disco (in my opinion) is not so good at the Priman because too many people plus every time I've been they insist on producing your passport.

Cheers for that Ludosiam

There are quite a few foreigner around there I believe, some can be met at the Pub near the Pimarn Hotel I mentioned. Hope you'll enjoy your stay in NKS, it's a lovely city there.

I live in Nakhon Sawan and am intrigued to hear about a 'Pub' near the Pimarn? Can you describe where it is. Thanks

Cheers for that Ludosiam

I live in Nakhon Sawan and am intrigued to hear about a 'Pub' near the Pimarn? Can you describe where it is. Thanks

Perhaps he means 'Collection Pub' which is one of the four music venues located at the Pimarn. The Collection Pub is toward the rear of the hotel.