My Phuket Magazine Launched

george

We just got the printed version in the office. It's a sweet looking thing if we may say so ourselves.

I have to retract a previous statement though, the cover still says "100 Bath". We did send an updated

file to the printer, but they must have missed to replace the old one. Well, TIT.

At least we will have the cleanest and best smelling readership in Thailand. :o

I saw many students and teachers looking through copies of the new magazine at our school's Science Day on Friday. I wasn't able to get my hands on one as I was stuck manning our class level booth (while the fellow teachers who were to help me were busy wandering around) so I was happy that you provided the PDF.

The magazine looks great and I look forward to purchasing a print version when I come across one. My only suggestion is to include a bit of local history (perhaps in a sidebar box) -- things like the Battle of Thalang, tin-mining, etc. that the average tourist may not know about. This can be expanded in the future to include lesser-known items of history which, sadly, aren't covered by the English-language publications very often. (The bilingual magazines like PhuketScape and Phuket Bulletin Magazine do have history and culture articles but often the ones that appear to be the most detailed and interesting are only published in Thai only. My reading skills are not yet fluent in Thai...)

I certainly believe that it is not overkill to have another magazine promoting our wonderful area...