Swimming In Pattaya

jackmuu

I have got quite sick a couple of times in Pattaya and not sure that I eat anything different from when I am in BKK. I was talking to a friend the other night wose partner is an engineer that does surveys before companies build hotels/condos etc. and he says that raw untreated sewerage is pumped into the sea there. Maybe this is the reason I have picked up bugs whilst swimming in the sea there. Anyone else heard about this?

If true, is it the whole of Pattaya beach and Jomtien?

In Jomtien it is easy to see, where raw untreated sewerage is pumped into the sea. Depending on the current, a very large strech of beachwater turns brown. I would not swim there. Actually, the beach is the hen who lays the golden eggs.

When they mess that up, probably not much left. Sewerage treatment before condos would be a good idea.

Best swimming on the tenth floor of Mikes Shopping Mall. Chlorine free pool.

Barry

I've never had a problem swimming and jetskiing on the beaches here, however I prefer to swim in my private 30 m olympic pool. What a life here in Pattaya!

Barry

I've never had a problem swimming and jetskiing on the beaches here, however I prefer to swim in my private 30 m olympic pool. What a life here in Pattaya!

Unless the trade name of your pool is "Olympic" you are incorrect.

An olympic pool for standard events is 50m x 16m-18m.

Short-course pools are not normally described as 'olympic'.

I reckon you're better off swimming of the headland between JT and Ptta.

it's not just where the sewer outlets are it's where the tide and currents take/deposit the stuff.

I haven't tried to check where Koh Larn etc are in relation to the currents but they seem to be OK.

I got a horrendous case on conjunctivitis swimming off Koh Samui a few years back - apparently many divers have suffered from it there.

hey mikes cant be that clean with all the kids pissing in it AND you have to contend with all the brats as well AND it was b60 last time i looked.

best place for swim aside from larm island is wongamart beach.

do not step foot in pattaya bay - it is filthy. im considering bring a sample at low tide back home for testing with me.

sometimes it even smells bad.

ive heard jomtien looks cleaner but is actually dirtier...

do not step foot in pattaya bay - it is filthy. im considering bring a sample at low tide back home for testing with me.

Biological testing must be done very quickly after sampling to get an accurate result.

TDS, salts and the like will remain constant, but biological hazards will change - some proliferate, some die - within 24 hours.

Pattaya City Council should be doing such testing on at least a daily basis anyway. Just that the results will probably be very suspect.

hey mikes cant be that clean with all the kids pissing in it AND you have to contend with all the brats as well AND it was b60 last time i looked.

I've heard jomtien looks cleaner but is actually dirtier...

It is a constant source of amazement to me that people are still not aware of the sewerage outlet on Wongamat Beach!!!!

jomtien did get a really bad review about 2 yrs ago.

It had raw sewerage leaking out into it about 3 yrs ago.

Clear water certainly doesn't necessarily mean clean water - all it really means it that the algae are dead. - but WHY?

sea water is not static it is not just where it exits but where it goes that matters - even an outlet out at sea if wrongly positioned can still have the stuff washed back into shore = N.B. Morecombe Bay UK

Wongamart Beach has a few to many people of dubious sexuality

for me to swim around with.

i will give that one a miss. not a Mr :o

Edited by cubes2

Barry

Unless the trade name of your pool is "Olympic" you are incorrect.

An olympic pool for standard events is 50m x 16m-18m.

Short-course pools are not normally described as 'olympic'.

Trust someone to come in with a technical description of "olympic pools". I know what an olympic pool is i.e 50 m. (I've trained in them most of my life)....however many people these days call a half size 25m pool "olympic" which is incorrect as you've been so kind to point out. My pool is an extended version of a 25 m "Olympic pool".

Try this: I have a private 30 m lap pool at my home...life is great in Pattaya!

As we said about Bondi, "you don't swim there, you just go through the motions"

Which reminds me of swimming at Bondi and Manly beaches in the mid-80s, through the floating raw sewage. There was a lot of water to dilute it, I would say to myself, because I was a fanatical surfer back in those days and nothing would stop me.

Wongamart Beach has a few to many people of dubious sexuality

for me to swim around with.

i will give that one a miss. not a Mr :o

My god - what happens if you swim with people of "dubious" sexuality??????????????????

It sounds like you are one if you think that way - what is "dubious sexuality" anyway?