Internet Booking?

JohnIrish

I am looking to book a hotel in Bangkok (Swiss Lodge looks good)...

Going directly to the Hotel Web Site... not a good deal (3800 THB) . The prices look expensive!

Other on Line Internet sites have the rooms at 2300 THB to 2700 THB (Dates in the middle of Oct) ... but since the hotel offers rooms with a twin.. and the same room with a double.. how do I book to request a double?

Most Internet sites do not allow comments and even if I post a comment.. will it be taken seriously?

I DONT want to get stuck with twin beds! Should I phone the hotel direct but would they give me a good rate?

How do you book using the internet sites to ensure the bed you want?

Any advice?

generally in thailand they have twin beds which can be put together if needed.

book on the net and once payed you will have your reference number to show on arrival. Call the hotel with this reference number and ask them for double

I have always requested a double at all hotels in Thailand and many times arrived to find twin. Except one time in Issan (what do you expect), every time I have complained and been given a double room.

Can you be a bit more specific jack?

I tried to book a hotel with a double bed in "Issan", but all I came up with was Udon Thani, Nong Khai, Roi Et, Kon Khan, Korat, etc etc etc (but what would you expect)!