1 Year Extention Of Non-immigrant-o Visa

I went to our local immigration office and they use a different set of rules to issue a 1 year extention of a non-immigrant-O visa. I talked about this to our local immigration officers and they told me that the rules in bangkok change that often that they also don't understand them anymore.

They gave me a paper with requirements that I would have to follow to get my 1 year extention. The rules on this paper are (in my case) better for me than the requirements that immigration office in Bangkok uses.

Although the immigration officer garuanteed me they would follow their paper and nothing else I am still a bit worried.

Are the applications for a 1-year extention sent to Bangkok, or are they approved by the local immigration officer (which seems to be very kind and flexible)?

I went to our local immigration office and they use a different set of rules to issue a 1 year extention of a non-immigrant-O visa. I talked about this to our local immigration officers and they told me that the rules in bangkok change that often that they also don't understand them anymore.

They gave me a paper with requirements that I would have to follow to get my 1 year extention. The rules on this paper are (in my case) better for me than the requirements that immigration office in Bangkok uses.

Although the immigration officer garuanteed me they would follow their paper and nothing else I am still a bit worried.

Are the applications for a 1-year extention sent to Bangkok, or are they approved by the local immigration officer (which seems to be very kind and flexible)?

If it is based on retirement,it is approved on the spot

Based on Thai wife may be sent to Bangkok

Which immigration office are you filing at? Just curious as I will be applying at the end of this month.

Don't know for sure but I believe that 1 year extensions are forward to BKK for processing.

The requirements are set by their BKK lords and masters but interpreted by the local officials who actually issue the Extension of Stay. Go with the local office requirements with what satisfies them. Once the stamp is in your PP what's done is done. They are the ones who have to answer if the support documentation is inadequate.

The same goes for many other Government offices in different areas of the Kingdom. Typically the support documentation for the issue of a Driving Permit to a foreign national varies from place to place.

Good luck

The requirements are set by their BKK lords and masters but interpreted by the local officials who actually issue the Extension of Stay. Go with the local office requirements with what satisfies them. Once the stamp is in your PP what's done is done. They are the ones who have to answer if the support documentation is inadequate.

The same goes for many other Government offices in different areas of the Kingdom. Typically the support documentation for the issue of a Driving Permit to a foreign national varies from place to place.

Good luck

Thank you for the clear information. I was talking about an extention based on marriage. The rules on the paper they gave me are actually "a possible interpretation" of the law. I don't expect too many problems. I spoke to the head of the immigration office and he was very kind and adviced me not to go to BKK.

Good luck

Thank you for the clear information. I was talking about an extention based on marriage. The rules on the paper they gave me are actually "a possible interpretation" of the law. I don't expect too many problems. I spoke to the head of the immigration office and he was very kind and adviced me not to go to BKK.

Your application will be sent to Bangkok.

Some of the smaller offices cannot make a decision locally, it doesn't always end up in Bangkok though. The office in Kap Cheong can stamp a retirement application, but not one based on marriage, they have to be forwarded to Khorat.