Uk Passport

My wife who I married 10 months ago runs a business in Thailand and needs to be there quite a bit but I would like to see if I can get her a Uk passport as its so much better for travelling easily ie no visas for many places. Can she get this without having to live in the Uk for 2 years, can she accumulate time here over a longer period? Would a baby make any difference? I would like us both to have the choice when older of either staying in Thailand or staying in the Uk or is this just going to be impossible? She cant really leave her business for more than about 3 months per time.

To get British Citizenship your wife has to have some form of Indefinite leave to remain in UK( she can get this after living on a settlement visa in UK for 2 years) and to be married to a British person and to have lived in the UK 3 years. Once she has British citizenship she applies for a passport.

If you (a UK citizen) were the father of the baby the baby could apply for a British passport but it would make no difference to your wife's claim.

My wife who I married 10 months ago runs a business in Thailand and needs to be there quite a bit but I would like to see if I can get her a Uk passport as its so much better for travelling easily ie no visas for many places. Can she get this without having to live in the Uk for 2 years, can she accumulate time here over a longer period? Would a baby make any difference? I would like us both to have the choice when older of either staying in Thailand or staying in the Uk or is this just going to be impossible? She cant really leave her business for more than about 3 months per time.

In order for your wife to be able to apply for a British passport, she has to reside in the uk for minimum 3 years and firstly become a British citizen.

I would say the visit visa is the only way for your immediate plans.

Later on in life when you may decide to live in the UK then on current regulations you would apply for a settlement visa based on marriage