Thai Woman Fined In Singapore For Smoking In Aircraft Toilet

george

Thai woman fined in Singapore for smoking in aircraft toilet

SINGAPORE: -- A Thai woman was fined 1,000 Singapore dollars (657 US dollars) for smoking in a budget airline toilet, news reports said Tuesday.

Suparat Daorung, 24, was on a Tiger Airways flight from Bangkok to Singapore Saturday when a crew member smelled cigarette smoke coming from a toilet, The Straits Times said.

The woman was spotted leaving and returning to her seat. Another crew member found a cigarette butt inside a dustbin.

The captain alerted ground staff in Singapore, a court heard Monday. Suparet was arrested after the plane landed at Changi Airport.

A partially used packet of cigarettes and a lighter were seized from the woman.

Pleading for leniency, Suparat, who came to Singapore for a holiday, was quoted as saying she would remember the "expensive lesson."

--DPA 2007-08-14

Sum nam naa you scofflaw. You weren't in Thailand then!! You were subjected to a country that enforces the law to the hilt and will NOT accept backhanders, excuses or influencial people's help.

Edited by Big A

Maybe it was her first time to Singas or even out of the country.

I have known a few girls on their first trip to Singas, accompanied by several other young ladies and one older lady. These girls would not have known the first thing about what to do and what not to do (without the older lady). But knowing what she was going to do scared the cr@p out of her so she felt she needed a smoke.

How many 24yr old Thai ladies go to Singapore for a real holiday?

She'd pretty <deleted>' dumb if she thought smoking inside the airport is forbidden but is allowed 32 000 feet up in the air. :D

I'm on 2 packs a day but the brain knows nothing can't be done, even on a short flight to Singapore and I usually have no cravings.

I have to admit though that I once chewed the tobacco from a whole cigarette on a long BKK-Chicago flight. :o

Maybe it was her first time to Singas or even out of the country.

I have known a few girls on their first trip to Singas, accompanied by several other young ladies and one older lady. These girls would not have known the first thing about what to do and what not to do (without the older lady). But knowing what she was going to do scared the cr@p out of her so she felt she needed a smoke.

How many 24yr old Thai ladies go to Singapore for a real holiday?

You would be very surprised at how many 24 or in that age bracket do go to Singapore for a holiday and not work the likes of Geylang, Orchard Towers or the Golden Mile Centre.

Yes there are many in the group you talk about in the first paragraph. In that bracket yes but mostly freelancers and not and older lady - the onlly older lady I have known take them down was actually only 22 and many of the BM will have seen her picture on Walking Street :o

And now for the good news, she didn't flush the butt down the toilet causing the plane to lose pressurization and crash. Being a law abiding Thai, she threw it in the dust bin (something impossible to find on any Bangkok street) knowing full the punishment for littering.

Several off-topic posts, referring to the night life in Singapore, chewing gum, littering in Bangkok, etc., deleted.

This topic is about an airline passenger being fined for smoking in an aircraft's toilet.

--

Maestro

What a stupid woman, probably from a Hi-so family.

:D

Here we go again... blame it on the hi-so/elite/thai-chinese/blablabla. :o

The "decent" girls such as bargirl-types and low-so girls would never do something like that, now would they?

Yup, the Hi-so are so "stupid", and they even love using budget airlines right?

Edited by junkofdavid2

Several off-topic posts, referring to the night life in Singapore, chewing gum, littering in Bangkok, etc., deleted.

This topic is about an airline passenger being fined for smoking in an aircraft's toilet.

--

Maestro

Yet you don't remove the post from a fellow mod who assumes that all Thai women of the age of 24 going to Singapore are hookers!

--

Maestro

Yet you don't remove the post from a fellow mod who assumes that all Thai women of the age of 24 going to Singapore are hookers!

I saw another whole group of them yesterday - a mixed male and female party shopping in Bugis. Every single one wearing their yellow shirts proudly with wristbands showing.

I also know a few Thai colleague of that age, all female, travelling down for the weekend next week too.