Can't Access Hotmail

waveydavey

Last week I signed up to CATCDMA which seems be ok so far except every time I try to access Hotmail I get the following error message -

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Server Error in '/' Application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I haven't seen anyone else reporting Hotmail problems recently so I assume it's just me. Anyone have any ideas? I'm using IE7 on Vista Home Premium. I get the same error whether I access hotmail directly or via the msn home page.

Are you accessing the page by bookmark by any chance? If you type in http://www.hotmail.com as opposed to clicking a boomark and follow through the login process do you still get the same error?

Hi Thanks for the reply. No, I'm not using a bookmark. I'm typing it in. I tried it from your link as well and had the same problem. I dont get as far as the logon screen, it gives the error straight away.

Very strange though - I've just gone onto www.hotmail.co.uk without a problem and managed to access my hotmail.com account from the signon screen there.

Yes I and my friends have had the same problem on several PC's.

We found that typing "hotmail.com" (in other words leave out the www) helped in some instances.

I personally use Firefox and have had no problems whatsover (so far)

I had alot of issues with hotmail I solved by changing the geo info in my profile to US or UK. then you get hotmail from offshore. If you get messages in thai you can still read them and reply if your browser setting are right. Also good to have at lest one DNS addy that is open source like openDNS server that way you won't be getting q'ed by slow DNS server at your ISP.