Wifi Facility

Am I missing something here?

Today I called in with my laptop to use the facility. To my dismay my lan port was malfunctioning and I was unable to connect through this route.

Ok, no problems I thought, I'll connect through their WiFi - wrong!

"So sorry Sir, only available through a monthly subscription"

"But I'm only here for the next few weeks, and as such I do not require an ongoing service"

"Sorry Sir, suggest you send your laptop to Bangkok and repair the lan port" "Then you can return and connect"

Despite my pleadings they refused to allow connection through the WiFi route and continued to insist it was only available via a monthly subscription contract

Why is their WiFi connection not available for hourly use?

Today I called in with my laptop to use the facility. To my dismay my lan port was malfunctioning and I was unable to connect through this route.

"But I'm only here for the next few weeks, and as such I do not require an ongoing service"

"Sorry Sir, suggest you send your laptop to Bangkok and repair the lan port" "Then you can return and connect"

Despite my pleadings they refused to allow connection through the WiFi route and continued to insist it was only available via a monthly subscription contract

You can pay in blk hours, i think the minium is 300 , maybe less. for 15 hours or so.

Also the benfit is you can use your laptop at home or hotelif you can get a connection,

Just go back in and speak to someone else, there is a ferang manager called bern or bernd, ask to speak to him , he is quite tall with a pony tail

The guy you mention is a really nice chap, but in my experience, either has an appalling memory or cannot keep a promise to do something even though having been reminded several times. Nice fellow though. Actually these guys have had such a start on everyone else on the Island in terms of sorting out internet issues that they became totally complacent. Nobody else should have stood a chance! But they're all piling in now to fill a gap that this lot should never have let develop. Oh well, too interested in developing property and yet even more offices, as if enough were not being built above the rash of shop houses that are gradually destroying every view from the ring road. Oh well! Up to them as they say. Can't even get a decent connection wi fi wise unless you're lucky enough to be in just the right place on the Island! Should have had the job stitched up years ago! Pity because I really like them and always assumed that they were really focused on why they were here.

Cheers.

If you are in Lamai why don't you try the free WiFi at Lamai Wanta on the beach.Go and enjoy a cold beer or a meal in the restaurant with a nice view.I'm sure if you enquire first about using the WiFi there would be no problem.

You just need to buy username and password for as many hours as you want i think 300 baht as someone else mentioned it lowest. Ive been using their wifi very often and never had any problems, just tell them you want wireless account and theres even a paper with information at the desk how much it cost for how many hours. She must be new or something working there.