Anyone Having Problems

gharknes

yes I'm with TT&T maxnet, I would say 50% of the sites I have tried to access tonite I cannot load the final page, seems they may be trying to filter out certain sites, this is starting to really annoy me, I'm now considering using some sort of secure VPN tunnel out of Thailand, childish control freaks but a major pain in the ass.

he have somehow managed to block the database results from torrent websites on maxnet, the page loads but shows no results from a search, if I disconnect my connection the results then pop up, this is simply inconvenient as I can then connect my WLAN again and do as I like. Don't quite know how they are doing this, tried it on my GPRS connection and no problems, they seem to be blocking a particular response from the webpage to browser to block certain data, this will block all data like this from all websites. If I disconnect my WLAN the data displays

Anyone like to guess how they are doing this handshake interuption.

Read my other post here

TT&T is moving away from the CAT's international gateway, and have started their own gateway. My tracerts show that none of my traffic gets routed through the CAT, although they still have the link!

Yesterday my internet was pretty much useless, but today everything is back to normal, apart from slightly higher latencies.

I'm on the more expensive "premier" package, so maybe they migrated these packages first and are they still working on the cheaper home-packages!

Let's just hope that slowly the CAT's monopoly gets broken to smithereens, and more realistic prices will prevail for international bandwidth, which then hopefully will reduce the currently idiotic high contention ratio's on the home packages...

Sorry, I'm one of those "half full glass" type of guy :o:D

Whatever they are doing its a real pain and they dont admit to anything on the phone. I got my girlfriend to call them about 3 weeks ago and they said that their international link was down. Clearly this was false as skype, yahoo, a java app and https worked but http didnt! Lots of wierd issues like that since then when their internal IP addresses would show on a tracert (oh dear oh dear!)

Now I have a java app for trading on uk stock market that fails to load up and it works on dial up modem speeds. Its been a nightmare since they made their changes. Anyone any idea on the java app side of things as to what may be happening? I will load the java app find but fails to connect. I know it works fine in the UK.