Holiday Visa For Tgf

Hi All, I would like to bring my TGF to Australia in about 6 months time. I will be back inThailand soon and would accompany her to Australia and then back to Thailand. After reading through the form 48 R (visit aust for tourism) I have come up with one question: If you have to supply your departure and return date, and have proof of health/travel insurance I can only assume that the tickets and insurance must be booked and paid for prior to lodging application. So what happens if that application is knocked back???? It would seem to me that she would then have lost her money?? :o Any advice appreciated.

When I brought my TGF back, she of course filled out the 48R form. I was to sponsor her, but it wasn't sponsored visitor visa. I had prepared and submitted a letter with the application signed by a JoP that stated I would take out full travel insurance and fully support her for the period of her visa. This seemed to take care of those particular questions in the 'additional questions' section. One thing tho, we didnt submit medical tests and I dont seem to remember them asking for them ! My Lady had seperate land deeds and her name on house deeds as well and threw that in there too. Question 6 she put 'engaged'. and described me as fiance'

Question 17, she ticked 'no' and attached no itinerary details as we hadnt booked a flight at all at that point. The woman there didnt even ask about that as far as i can recall

hope that helps

When m gf applied and received a 3month tourist visa in Feb 2004 she didn't have a ticket or insurance, just a set of dates. They didn't seem too bothered when she left for Oz or returned so as long as she fulfilled the visa requirements.

After she got the visa we went and bought the air ticket. I wanted to buy insurance in BKK but couldn't do it in the end. I asked a travel agent who gave me a mobile phone # of 'a friend'. I asked at Thai Airlines head office if they could point me in the right direction - after much discussion they said 'no problem, you can get it at the airport as you're leaving.' Of course at the airport everyone I asked looked at me like I was an idiot.

So my gf didn't have insurance while she was in Oz which was a bit of a worry cos it doesn't take much contact with the health system to ruin you financially when you have to pay full price. I had to take her to the hospital once in Geraldton WA....2hrs waiting, 10 mins with the doc = AUD120.00.

So get the insurance - I'm sure you can in BKK somewhere, we just ran out of time. (I even tried to organise some for her here in Oz but was told that insurance companies won't insure overseas customers).

I did give an undertaking to pick up all the costs for her while in Oz when we put in the visa application. (signed by me, copies witnessed by JP).