Tourist Visa For Oz...2nd Time Around Easier?

My Thai girlfriend got a tourist visa to Australia a couple of years ago despite the fact that she didn't qualify for a credit card, was uneducated and didn't own property. It took about six hours to get and her application was accompanied by a couple of reference letters from farang Bangkok residents. I've been here a few years now and have a "Retirement Visa" soon to be extended another 12 months.

Is it true that getting a visa the second time around is a lot easier than the first time? Anyone out there with experience in such matters?

Much appreciated.

As far as I can tell its a lot more difficult to get visas now than it was a few years ago

- take those "witnessed" reference letters again, in fact make new ones and get more from other people too, even thais

- take as many photos as you can and as muc h proof of your relationship as possible

- a witnessed letter from you wouldnt go astray either

I think its only a lot easier the second time when the first time is a success ( and this time you have more evidence and have done everything they require to the letter) - but your first is a few years ago, so who can tell ?

My visa 'experience' so far is fairly recent, with one tourist application visa done and successful and about to do a prospective marriage one - but my situation is quite different I think, so good luck !