The Lower League Thread

mrbojangles

Brilliant!

Tough, but reflective. Modest, but determined. His research wasn't the best, though, not having any idea of the number of managers Notts have been through. huh.gif

Can he/they turn it around? It'll be tough, especially having lost on Tuesday against a lower-end side and with Brighton, Dons, Rochdale and Bournemouth to come. Still, a few weeks ago these players nearly put City out of the FA Cup, so there's some ability there. Self-belief and trust are really important in team games, so if he can work some magic in those areas, the team's got a chance. A small one.

He sounds honest and sensible to me, and he's got varied experience, so he gets my vote.

• 2 weeks later...

County won a game :o and teh shakers are going up :)

Nice one. I must admit that since Rochdale went up I've not been keeping an eye on Div 2. Several of my cousins support Bury so it's good for them and will be good to have the local derby back.

County won a game :o and teh shakers are going up :)

Notts County on a roll. Two wins and a draw in 3 games; were 1-0 against Brentford until 90+3 minutes last night. annoyed.gif

County will stay up if they win one of their remaining games against Dons (away) and Brighton (home). Hopefully the Seagulls will have have lost interest by then and will gift a game to Notts.

They'll go down if (1) Argyle win their remaining three games and Notts lose both theirs or (2) Walsall, Bristol Rovers and Dag & Red win both their games and Notts lose both.

Still on the brink. unsure.gif

Twitchy a**e time again at the CG !! Thought the last 2 games won by a margin of 3-2 have at least given us some hope of staying in the playoff positions. If we can't beat Scunthorpe & palace in our last 2 games then surely we have no right to contest the playoff games.....never mind reach the promised land

In Division 2 congratulations to Bury on automatic promotion,also little Accrington Stanley are currently in a play off place which is amazing considering the players werent paid for a couple of months and the fact that they are probably the poorest supported club in the league.

Macc Town look to have survived to play a 15th season in the Football League but,sadly, Stockport County look certain to be relegated.....they have to win their last two games and make up a 35 goal deficit in goal difference !

The other relegation place looks to be between Barnet,Northampton,Lincoln,Hereford and Burton.

In the Championship I reckon its QPR and Norwich for automatic promotion and Forest will sneak in by winning the play offs.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Notts County have survived in League 1, eventually with 3 points to spare, so it's all smiles at Meadow Lane and on the Notts fan sites. Martin Allen seems to have brought a no-frills honesty to the job and things are looking good for the immediate future. 2012 is Notts County's 150th year as a professional football club.

Sorry to see fellow promotees Dagenham and Redbridge go down, but Bournemouth and Rochdale, the others in the promotees' class of 2010-2011 did very well, the former to contest the playoffs.

Notts will be a good side in 2011-12.

What an end of the season for the mighty exeter, dicking the wednsday at hillsborough!!!. Were unbeaten in 8, winning 7, and 8th on goal difference and just one point of the play off's which with due respect I would have fancied us to push most of the team's that got there if not beat them and marched into the championship!!!. Were going to lose our star midfielder Ryan Harley to swansea and rob edwards,through retirement who with out him no doubts we wouldn't be where we are today, but even so weve got a really really good squad and with our manager ' paul tisdale, who is 100% a star,http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Tisdale, look down to his coaching record, all looks well for next season, COME ON YOU RED'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unlucky rochdale,.

Sorry to see fellow promotees Dagenham and Redbridge go down, but Bournemouth and Rochdale,

Unlucky rochdale,.

Cheers for the thoughts of Rochdale fellas. Personally, although the play-off money would have been more than welcome I can only think that going up another division so soon would not have been good for the Dale. Still, they did themselves proud in their first year.

Good luck to Notts County and Exeter next year. Don't know about you but I think it's gonna be a long summer :(

Di Canio has applied for the Swindon job.

If appointed it'll either go fantastically well or dramatically bad. One thing it certainly won't be is boring and uneventful.

I'm sure he's going there for the roundabouts. As long as Swindon con't try and poach Paul Buckle from Torquay.

I reckon Gary Johnson would be a good appointment

If appointed it'll either go fantastically well or dramatically bad. One thing it certainly won't be is boring and uneventful.

I'm sure he's going there for the roundabouts. As long as Swindon con't try and poach Paul Buckle from Torquay.

We're not chasing anybody. Only want people who want the job enough to apply.

George Burley and Didi Hamann are other applicants.

hello my names imola, just thought id introduce myself, truth is its more of a relief to be detached from the plastic corporate tourist types

millwall away 1st game an millwall home last will do just nicely,,,,,, chim chimeny chim chim cha roo

hello my names imola, just thought id introduce myself, truth is its more of a relief to be detached from the plastic corporate tourist types

millwall away 1st game an millwall home last will do just nicely,,,,,, chim chimeny chim chim cha roo

East Fife.....the away game......just wave a couple of fivers and watch the scrum.

Avram Grant?? :ph34r:

i think didi hamann could be a decent manager in time. smart bloke. markus babbel is also shaping up pretty well in germany.

As mush as I have no time for Swindon,(well you do if you are a Reading fan, goes with the territory )I would like to see one of the characters of the game do well there :)

But I forsee a lot of touchline bans ahead :lol:

Di Canio it is.

Thankfully not Buckle :)

Nope he's off to someone who would at least be able to muster a decent following,

total att' 11500 at Manchester today,I know it's a long journey but that is totally shocking!!

Talking of Swindon.

Sheffield United, now a lower league club :( , have appointed Danny Wilson as their new manager. Which has come as a surprise to most fans.

Unfortunately for Danny, he has been welcomed by car park demo's and internet slanging for him to get out as soon as he's arrived. Sad state of affairs and truely disgraceful behaviour by certain groups of Sheff Utd fans. Just because the guy used to play for and manage Sheff Wed, he is being shunned.

I remember my Grandad ( RIP ) used to go to both Sheff Utd and Sheff Wed games, when the city was unified, ( he was a Sheff Utd season ticket holder).

Just as well I don't have to live there.

:rolleyes: