The Lower League Thread

mrbojangles

3-1 up away from home at Milton k dons, with 20 mins to go and we lose 4-3

shame, really should be able to hold onto this sort of lead.

more pissed about missing out on a lucrative 3rd round draw than losing to one of the best teams in div one

never a dull game with city, onwards and upwards.

GET IN THERE

I want the season to end NOW :D

From skysports:-

Dagnall inspires Rochdale

Dale go top :) with 3-0 win over Bradford

Leading scorer Chris Dagnall scored twice as Rochdale went to the top of League Two with an impressive 3-0 win at Bradford.

Dagnall put Dale in front after 12 minutes, picking up a loose clearance from City defender Steve Williams and then brushing off a challenge from Zesh Rehman before slotting the ball into the net.

Keith Hill's side tore holes in the Bradford backline and it was no surprise when they added a second goal. Dagnall scored his 12th goal of the season with a mishit shot after the home side failed to clear Chris O'Grady's cross.

O'Grady completed the scoring after 57 minutes following good work by Dagnall. City keeper Simon Eastwood managed to turn Dagnall's shot away but the home defence failed to clear the ball once again leaving O'Grady to slot into an empty net.

Edited to give a fuller impact :D

Edited by mrbojangles

I'd take the table as it is now at the end of the season, im sure MrBJ would agree... :D

Absolutely Thai. I'd give away a kilo of my best Black Pudding, my uncles favourite Ferret AND my Grandad's Flat Cap, to have it the way it is :D

Grandad's cap hasn't been off his head since the accident at the pit in the late 30's, :D

..the Black Pudding has traces of bovine encephalitis, :D

..and the ferret is gay...... :)

Could you raise the stakes a bit please ? ........... :D

I'm guessing Ken that he has tried to offload the ferret to you. I don't thinks it's ever been the same after he took his ferret for a walk down to boystown. :D

The ferret never made ot out of Birkenhead......it was stolen, along with several hub caps !!

Swindon 3 - 2 Leyton Orient

4 league wins on the trot now, leaving us in 6th place with 2 games in hand. Charlie Austin getting a brace giving him 4 in 3, making it seem as though the 20 yr old former builder, who is a Swindon fan picked up from non-league is the answer to our goal scoring problems.

The ferret never made ot out of Birkenhead......it was stolen, along with several hub caps !!

:D So where are the Trick trees this weekend? Must be loving it seeing Direby struggling.

We were at home against Leicester (5-1 to the mighty reds !!!) Next up are Sheff U tomorrow night then a tricky trip to south Wales, Swansea. Hopefully we'll be picking something up from those two games. That's 11 games unbeaten now :D ? Not been heard of since, er? I can't remember to be honest? Certainly wasn't during Calderdud's reign or Mugson come to think of it :)

Another marvellous 3 points for the Mighty Dale. Rochdale 3 - 0 Macclesfield Town. A nice gap opening up between automatic and play off places :D

No need to rub it in,old chap :)

Things are looking a bit dodgy down there for your lads, Macca my owd mate :D

Yeah,this season is our 13th in the League.....so hope it doesnt work out unlucky ! Hopefully,Darlington and Grimsby will prove to be worse than Macc.

But great to see Forest doing so well.Billy Davies has been an excellent Championship manager with Preston,Derby and now Forest.Bet Derby regret firing him in the Premiership for Jewell who never won a league match for the rest of the season.....about 26 games,I think ?

Yeah,this season is our 13th in the League.....so hope it doesnt work out unlucky ! Hopefully,Darlington and Grimsby will prove to be worse than Macc.

But great to see Forest doing so well.Billy Davies has been an excellent Championship manager with Preston,Derby and now Forest.Bet Derby regret firing him in the Premiership for Jewell who never won a league match for the rest of the season.....about 26 games,I think ?

I don't think Jewell has resurfaced since getting sacked from Direby !!

Hope the Macclads stay up...really. I remember going to Moss Rose a few years ago now & having a few good beers at the several watering holes that were near the train station....don't know if they're still there though ? :)

Aldershot 1 v Tranmere Rovers 2, in the 2nd round of the F.A. Cup. :)

Bring on the Wolves.

Where's the game Ken? The black country? or up north?

It's at Prenton Park, in beautiful Birkenhead............. :D

Havent seen you around for ages Chav, how you doing Old Son ?

Aldershot 1 v Tranmere Rovers 2, in the 2nd round of the F.A. Cup. :)

Bring on the Wolves.

Where's the game Ken? The black country? or up north?

It's at Prenton Park, in beautiful Birkenhead............. :D

Havent seen you around for ages Chav, how you doing Old Son ?

I'm alright thanks Ken......sorting my stuff out for the new job plus still trying to fathem out how we're up to 3rd / 4th in the Championship......maybe I'm looking at the table up-side down :D

Notts welcomed their new ownership structure with a 1-2 loss to Stanley at Meadow Lane.

Admittedly, Stanley have been playing well lately, and Notts have been in turmoil, but it's a bad sign for the Magpies, especially as the new ownership has to attract investment if it wants to buy players in January. (The theories as to who "really" owns Notts County now are thick and fast on the messageboards.)

The "Championship in 5 years" dream seems to have turned to dust, and the League 1 next season hopes are looking dodgy, too. I'm not smart enough to speculate on whether the money is still available and the ownership changes all smoke and mirrors. Some supporters are optimistic. The players have certainly lost momentum though.

Macclesfield 3 Hereford 1

Good win for Macc which keeps distance between ourselves and the relegation zone.

Emile Sinclair,ex Forest,bagged a couple.

Rochdale still going strong at the top.....result of the day,Morecambe 5 Bournemouth 0.....6 wins on the trot have propelled Morecambe from 20th to a play off slot !

The Mighty Dale 4 - 0 Shrewsbury

Get in there. :D

It was the only game played in Div 2, obviously due to Rochdales tropical climate :)

Rochdale playing like champions at the mo,mr bj :D

Also,well done to Forest beating Preston 3-0 and now joint second in the Championship.

Macc Towns game at Bury postponed because of the wintry conditions so another unbeaten weekend !