Thaivisa

binnsy

:o i must have to much time on my hands as i have just been looking at old postings pages 85 up on the issan forum and interesting in how prices have changed.

if your sat in front of your desk with FA to do have a look :D

:o i must have to much time on my hands as i have just been looking at old postings pages 85 up on the issan forum and interesting in how prices have changed.

Ain't it the truth. The prices for everything are increasing at a rate far beyond the governments posted inflation rates. Still relatively inexpensive compared to other places but I can sure see the devastating effect it is having on the locals. Saw a piece in the Post today about tax being raised on fertilizer. Another nail in the coffin for the farmers.

Ain't it the truth. The prices for everything are increasing at a rate far beyond the governments posted inflation rates. Still relatively inexpensive compared to other places but I can sure see the devastating effect it is having on the locals. Saw a piece in the Post today about tax being raised on fertilizer. Another nail in the coffin for the farmers.

I wonder if there is a site where comparisons can be made on price increases over the past year or two. My wife keeps telling me that prices are increasing on building materials, farm products and the likes. it seems that locally grown vegetables, meat, chicken etc is fairly stable. Does anyone have any figures, particularly on building materials.

Cheers

I wonder if there is a site where comparisons can be made on price increases over the past year or two. My wife keeps telling me that prices are increasing on building materials, farm products and the likes. it seems that locally grown vegetables, meat, chicken etc is fairly stable. Does anyone have any figures, particularly on building materials.

Cheers

I just finished my house a couple of months ago and just two days ago finished installing the kitchen cabinets which I had ordered 2 months ago. I went down to Koncept Furniture yesterday to order an additional cabinet. They were quite apologetic but said they just got a new catalog from their supplier and prices had been raised. The old catalog (about a year old) price for the cabinet was 2750 baht and the new price was 3100. If the 11% increase in a year is any indication of the overall increase in building materials it seems they too have significantly increased.

Cost increases in my business over about four year spread.

Labour 132B - 159B

Diesel 15B - 27B

Plywood 20mm 690B - 970B

Particle 19mm 310B - 390B

Rubber Adhesive 750B / 12kg - 950B / 9kg

Thinner 470B - 650B

Steel sheet 1.2mm 710B - 950B

Copper wire 230B - 490B

Just a few examples, have many prices that are reasonably similar over a four year period, some that have fallen, most have risen.

Soundman.