Wow What Just Happened? (merged)

RKASA

No response would be a me vote.  MS forums has no yet responded to several of the same problem port 80 missing after update.  They like me had option of other PC or OS to use.  I can always rebuilt after my P2P is done, but in the mean time, was just wondering how wide spead the problem is.  

recap

got updates lost port 80 tried everything

come up linux makes some posts go to MS forums rant alot. tell them how I love Linux

go back to xp to finish p2p download before try to fix port 80

on restart xp goes to the net and flash yellow shield then drive runs forever, then yellow shield comes back and says have 9 new updates to install.

I say no I will after I get my P2p files, start post at TV but PC turns itself off. I restart and it installs the updates.

Now I have the updates again, but this time everything works. I smell a little patch via other port to fix update problem.

Some of the updates from microsoft yesterday were for xp users only.

After installing the updates, port 80 which allows the use of browsers online no longer worked, ie interrnet exploxer or any other browser would not resolve dns because the key port is blocked.

It was not the firewall or any other reason that could be found to cause the problem, and a restore to the day before removing the updates failed to bring the port 80 back.

Other program like P2P and torrent not using port 80 still worked, but any type of browser Firefox, Oprea or IE timed out, they could not contect DNS.

After getting online by using an OS other then XP ie Linux puppy live cd (which shows that the problem was in fact XP). I found that by looking at the MS web site, a forum for update problems.

Many people which had an option of using another PC or OS had been there and they to had the same problem.

When I restarted my PC in XP for the third time it connected to the internet other then via port 80 and downloaded something vary quickly. It then took off and reloaded the updates from somewhere on harddrive and wanted to install again.

I was going the wait until I had chance to save some files, but it shut down itself. I restarted again and the updates installed themself.

I then had the updates installed, but this time port 80 was fixed. MS had to have broadcast a patch via some open port to change something in the updates and restart the install remotely. What ever they did it worked.

And they not really the same post. I still wonder how many XP users at TV have had the same problem or maybe they can't get online to say anything about it.

Edited by Totster
Added punctuation and paragraphs and deciphered to make it understandable

you want to repeat your question in english so i can understand it...

my computer is on auto updates from MS and i never have any issues with 'port 80'.

infact this morning i am informed the computer required a restart over night due to a new update being installed... no problems all is working fine.