Driving From Pattaya To Hua Hin

dsfbrit

I am planning to drive from Pattaya to Hua Hin and stay a couple of nights. Looks like about a 3 hour drive - 200 miles roughly - Is that about right ?

Also is there a central hotel where I can safely park my car ? I haven't been there for some years and the last time stayed at the Hilton. A bit expensive really nowadays and was booked anyway for next weekend - does anyone know of a reasonably priced hotel - up to 3000 baht a night ??

I have looked at lots of web-sites and many of the hotels I opted for were way out of town - but at least I could park easily.

I dont mind being a bit of a way out of town, walking distance, I just dont want to mess about getting taxis etc...

Thanks very much for any help.

It's usually almost three hours from BKK to Hua Hin, from Pattaya-HuaHin will be about 4.5 hours depending on the road work. You can stay at Sailom Hotel on the beach 3 kilometers south of main intersection for 2,500 or less. Try Jed Pi Nong hotel next to Burger King for about 1,500 in town. Grand hotel is good too for around 1,300 or so?

Thats great - thanks a lot for the help. I am dropping my wife off on that side of the outskirts Bangkok so she can meet up with some friends, so I am half way there anyway. I went to Hua Hin the first time I came to Thailand about 5 years ago - I don't suppose I will recognise it now.

Dao Khanong > Samut Sakhon > Samut Songkram > Phetchaburi > Cha Am > Hua Hin

When you think you're in the centre, you're not. So carry on. At the second traffic lights turn right. Find a temporary spot for your car. Walk back and cross the main road. You'll find several good hotels with parking places. Take your pick.

Pattaya - Hua Hin is about 490 km

Petch01

A whole day event, I would plan for 7-8 hours drive.

No need to go through Cha Am...the highway has direct link to Hua Hin.

The Grand hotel is Ok for 1200-1300B (rack price is 2200B), similar venue as Jomtien Garden Palace or Jomtien Welcome in Pattaya.

Found 2 pics from the Grand hotel One shows how far from the center it is (the tall building is Hilton). Could be 10-15 mins walk (while walking I was stopping to see shops and buy things, can't say exactly).

The second pic is from my room, there is a night bazar and food stalls in front of the hotel (hotel parking in the back is guarded by several security staff).

No pics of the room, probably it can be googled.

post-7277-1187409196_thumb.jpg

post-7277-1187409215_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A whole day event, I would plan for 7-8 hours drive.

No need to go through Cha Am...the highway has direct link to Hua Hin.

The Grand hotel is Ok for 1200-1300B (rack price is 2200B), similar venue as Jomtien Garden Palace or Jomtien Welcome in Pattaya.

You are right. :o I set off at 6.30 last Saturday. After nearly 2 hours I was only at the Airport. Not a lot of traffic, but all the roadworks on the A7 were a bit of a nightmare. I looked at the map and decided to head back to Pattaya. I reckoned it would take another 4 hours at the rate I was going. I didn't mind the trip there taking a long time, but I figured the trip back on Sunday would be a lot worse as I would set off back about lunchtime and there would be a lot of traffic then.

May try again in a few weeks and stay a few days, make it worth all the effort.

Found 2 pics from the Grand hotel One shows how far from the center it is (the tall building is Hilton). Could be 10-15 mins walk (while walking I was stopping to see shops and buy things, can't say exactly).

The second pic is from my room, there is a night bazar and food stalls in front of the hotel (hotel parking in the back is guarded by several security staff).

No pics of the room, probably it can be googled.

Thanks for that - if I get down there I will give it a try. I know where it is from the Hilton, as I say I have stayed at the Hilton before. I still cannot believe it was taking me so long to get down there. I am sure when I first went from Hua Hin to Pattaya by taxi few years ago, it was only a 3 or 4 hour drive? Mind you that was by taxi - I tend to obey at least some of the rules of the Highway code here!! :o

• 3 weeks later...