True Visions Tv Epl Football Half Time Shows

Devil

Well I am just getting to grips with True visions Wonderfull new channels numbers and schedules in particular for my passion watching the English footy 'EPL' games.

I used to love watching the English Premier League Pre match build up's then the Half time and Post match Analysis 'chats' with the boys from Footbal Focus.

What channel are the EPL games on with the English half time talk shows on now? just keep seeing a Thai team on the new channels.Are they now only offering this?

Are they on anything else other than true visions in Thailand with decent pre,post match talk?

HELP

No more build up or half time talk in English on True.

They have been putting the commentary team up a couple of minutes before kick off, so you do get a little flavour , and the captions i.e. team selection are in English.

My guess that it's a newly negotiated package, and no doubt cheaper for UBC to buy, as it uses less air time.

Yep - I really miss this too. It's part of the whole thing, and now much less exciting. I winder how many of the Thai population actually watch and listen to the 2 (rather poofy - much like the guys from Little Britain) Thai guys that are very seriously pondering on the game? Probable no more than used to watch and listen to Dykesy and the lads!

R

I get the feeling True/UBC are going the way of pay/per view because we are all Thai/Farang addicted to the EPL live games, shows, news.

I have found myself even watching the Man U TV, Cheslea TV (Liverpool fan :o ) just to keep up to date.

By the John Dykes is still on Footbal Focus (Saturday night) I think?

I remember first moving to Thailand and thinking the John Dykes and Pundits was a awfull substute to the UK equivalent and then you just get used to it and kind of miss Shevy Sing (spelling) making some ridiculous comments, HE SAID Gerrad for Right Back for England :D and S Macman (spelling) giving him a real Yelling on live TV :D 'Good TV'

Anyone have the other Sat dish/networks worth considering? do you pick up any EPL games and actual related EPL commentary/shows

Well I am just getting to grips with True visions Wonderfull new channels numbers and schedules in particular for my passion watching the English footy 'EPL' games.

I used to love watching the English Premier League Pre match build up's then the Half time and Post match Analysis 'chats' with the boys from Footbal Focus.

What channel are the EPL games on with the English half time talk shows on now? just keep seeing a Thai team on the new channels.Are they now only offering this?

Are they on anything else other than true visions in Thailand with decent pre,post match talk?

HELP

:o yep its a nightmare used to look forward every weekend to premiership footie now dread it, even the ubc monthly magazine is somewhat mis leading all i can say is John Dykes is on a tuesday 7 till 8 and on friday theres a new thing called football forecast which to me is a waste of time used to think shevy spewed out verbal c--p but that was better than what we get now. whats going to happen to the champions league :D

Hey Ossie, Well I am wondering if the PSI 'Big Black Dish' May be a better option it has Star Sports http://satellite.information.in.th/channels.html unless someone can advise?

I can always switch to Samui Cable as there is a South African TV chanel, which most people watched for the last world Cup ' just for the in game commentary - English...

Liverpool v Chelsea match. Two of the new signings made a big impact..

Yes Chelsea's new signing Rob Styles getting a penalty!!!!!!!!!!!

Blind as a Bat! lost control of the match and basically ruined the second half.

Torres getting of the mark and at Anfield.

LFC :o

Two Letters to the Editor in today's Bangkok Post...

I would hate to be in charge of customer complaints at True. Every day this poor guy must come to work wondering "what have the idiots upstairs done now to increase my workload".

So what's the problem this time? Well they managed to ruin my weekend.

I so look forward to the football season, being born and raised in Liverpool. I had gone to the games every week since 1973, but now have to content myself with watching the games on UBC/True.

Of course, the games were on this weekend. I eventually managed to find them because they didn't appear on ESPN/Star like they normally do.

Okay, I thought, no problem, as I settled down to watch the pre-match build up from the studios, where I could listen to ex-pros of the calibre of Steve MacMahon, and small-time players like Masefield and Reeves. John Dykes even talks sense sometimes, and Shebby is good for a laugh with his inane ramblings.

But this time we were taken to a Thai broom cupboard where two Thai men prattled on, and even with my basic knowledge of Thai I soon realised they were not too experienced in the Premier League. In fact, I doubt they have ever played football at any level.

This is added to the fact that I don't think any of the games are repeated and there is also now no highlights show on Sunday morning (although we still get the slightly annoying "Football Crazy" during the week).

Come on, guys, sort yourselves out. It worked just fine last year. Change is not always good.

What's next? No doubt Man City games will be censored _ when the camera pans to Thaksin, there will just be a guy sitting there with a pixilated face.

PETER WERBY

Bangkok

Commentary doesn't come with rights

In response to Mr Peter Werby's query about English commentary during the half-time report, TrueVisions would like to clarify that since we have directly bought the rights for the Premier League, we only receive the live broadcast with English reports during the matches.

Unfortunately, the Premier League does not provide English half-time reports to any rights holders.

During the past six years, while we bought the rights via ESPN and Star Sports, the networks provided the English commentary.

Since TrueVisions secured the rights, we run our own half-time report which is hosted by renowned local sports commentators with long experience covering English football. This is what we did in the 1999-2000 Premier League season and in previous seasons when the rights were exclusively owned by UBC.

However, his suggestions will be given serious consideration for the improvement of our programme in the future.

KANTIMA KUNJARA

Corporate Communications Director

True Corp

Two Letters to the Editor in today's Bangkok Post...

I would hate to be in charge of customer complaints at True. Every day this poor guy must come to work wondering "what have the idiots upstairs done now to increase my workload".

So what's the problem this time? Well they managed to ruin my weekend.

I so look forward to the football season, being born and raised in Liverpool. I had gone to the games every week since 1973, but now have to content myself with watching the games on UBC/True.

Of course, the games were on this weekend. I eventually managed to find them because they didn't appear on ESPN/Star like they normally do.

Okay, I thought, no problem, as I settled down to watch the pre-match build up from the studios, where I could listen to ex-pros of the calibre of Steve MacMahon, and small-time players like Masefield and Reeves. John Dykes even talks sense sometimes, and Shebby is good for a laugh with his inane ramblings.

But this time we were taken to a Thai broom cupboard where two Thai men prattled on, and even with my basic knowledge of Thai I soon realised they were not too experienced in the Premier League. In fact, I doubt they have ever played football at any level.

This is added to the fact that I don't think any of the games are repeated and there is also now no highlights show on Sunday morning (although we still get the slightly annoying "Football Crazy" during the week).

Come on, guys, sort yourselves out. It worked just fine last year. Change is not always good.

What's next? No doubt Man City games will be censored _ when the camera pans to Thaksin, there will just be a guy sitting there with a pixilated face.

PETER WERBY

Bangkok

Commentary doesn't come with rights

In response to Mr Peter Werby's query about English commentary during the half-time report, TrueVisions would like to clarify that since we have directly bought the rights for the Premier League, we only receive the live broadcast with English reports during the matches.

Unfortunately, the Premier League does not provide English half-time reports to any rights holders.

During the past six years, while we bought the rights via ESPN and Star Sports, the networks provided the English commentary.

Since TrueVisions secured the rights, we run our own half-time report which is hosted by renowned local sports commentators with long experience covering English football. This is what we did in the 1999-2000 Premier League season and in previous seasons when the rights were exclusively owned by UBC.

However, his suggestions will be given serious consideration for the improvement of our programme in the future.

KANTIMA KUNJARA

Corporate Communications Director

True Corp

HA cant belive you got a reply, well thanks I will do dthe same...Bring back John Dykes...."Broom Cupbaord" Even Gordon the Gofer was more fun...