Staying At Wat Songdhammakalyani Or Sathira-dhammasthan?

fallingoffthemap

• 4 weeks later...

hi, I don't know partic. about this wats but tried the one of Mae chee Bongkot in Saiyok, a monastry mainly for women but I could stand it only for 1 day. instead of the promised meditation instruction we had to sit 3x2 h praying and afterward they showed a vdo about the life of Nun Bongkot, she left her family

(2 children 2+4 y.) following her "enlightment" to build this temple. By the way, this temple is huge, the donations must have been millions and millions - the whole thing made me feeling an alien between convinced somewhatever. Didn't give it a further chance and left the next morning, happy to stay with my children again, tried it with Yoga and that really works for my needs.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I am from Germany and for more than 10 years I travelled the first time to Thailand. I was interested in meditation, but I did not know where I can find a good place. Accidentally we found a place is called “Daen Mahamongkol”. I came in to place and I was so impressed from the nature and the warm atmosphere. I felt very peaceful and refreshed from the trees. After some days I got the chance to meet the founder and teacher of this place, Upasika Bongkot Sitthipol. She is a very small person , but her heart is full of loving kindness and compassion. Thirty years ago she dedicated her life completely to work towards helping humankind to develop the qualities of compassion, concern and unconditional love for each other, like a big family to harmoniously live in peace and happiness, with sincerity and pure hearts. She encourages the people to “Ordain the heart” it means to cultivate their mind, body and speech, to refrain from wrong-doing , to develop ourselves, so that we are a person with high virtues and with responsibility for ourself and other. Daen Mahamongkol teach our heart is the most important thing in this world, because if we are purifying our heart from anger, hate, ignorance, jealousy and mental impurities, than it helps to stop and extinguish the war in the heart, in the family, in the society and in the world.

I went several times to this place and I got a lot from there, especially from her teaching. Now I am more mindful of my feelings, more conscious what I am thinking, saying or doing. It is like I can now control myself better and I will not get so quick angry as before I start to practice. Really, I am more calm and peaceful. I am really thankful to Daen Mahamongkol, to the founder and all the nice people there. They are a good example how to live in harmony and peace together. Through the practice they got great wisdom, they are brave and intelligent and sharp in solving problems for oneself and for others.

But also amazing is, that the place is built up by deep sacrifice by body and mind for the mankind, not also for Thailand also for the whole world. The centre is built up in deep love and trust to the Dhamma. Everybody who is living there is helping to construct and uphold the place, is a part of this place. You can not find a single donation box there. It is really amazing! It is seems like impossible to do this, but with the highest purity in the heart and mind, without an ego and only with whole sacrifice than you can do it, than it is possible.

Many people going there for meditation, also foreigners going there to learn to Ordain the heart, to get the advantage of a calm, tranquil and peaceful mind, to be more happy and satisfied in their life.

In the centre you get everything free, the food, drinking water, the lodging, the meditation course….everything is free (except your personal things like clothing).

I think for the people who are interested in meditation and to learn about the Dhamma, they can consider going there. It will be a nice experience!

By and good luck, Anne!