What Can I Do, If I Want To Stay More Than 90 Days?

Hey, sorry guys, i gess you gett this question 100 times in 1 week... i tried look but, still not find related to my problem. I came with no visa.... ive re entered 1 time still have 15 days to go before 2 time.... but my question is... can i go to canbodea( phanom phen) make a new tourist visa for thailand in thailand embasy and gett it? (60+30)

i am only 23 so not have so manny options if i want to stay more than 90 days...

if not... what is mine options... please, help me about this... not answer in visa A visa B and so.. :D i dont understand :o

Christopher 23 Norway

I suggest you go to Kuala Lumpur or Penang (Malaysia) and apply for a single entry tourist visa. Forget Cambodia for that. With the 60 day tourist visa you can extend one time for an extra 30 days in Thailand at the immigration office (so there you have your 90 days). Or if you'd rather you can do a visa run then to Cambodia and cross back into Thailand the same day to get another 30 days. Let us know how it goes.

Edited by Jingthing

I suggest you go to Kuala Lumpur or Penang (Malaysia) and apply for a single entry tourist visa. Forget Cambodia for that. With the 60 day tourist visa you can extend one time for an extra 30 days in Thailand at the immigration office (so there you have your 90 days). Or if you'd rather you can do a visa run then to Cambodia and cross back into Thailand the same day to get another 30 days. Let us know how it goes.

OKey... not the answer i wanted... hehe.... everything have to be diffucalt... in beginning of november last year, my 90 days was about to expire... i went to phanom phen and gott a new tourist visa. it was an ekstra stemp said "tourist visa granted at phanom phen for this time only". but i came back to thailand and they gave me, 60 new days, still i only had 2 days left(after the new 90 day roule). i just wondered if there was someone out there who, not work in thailand, who can only make yourist visa... butt still stay more than 3 months and not have to leave for 3 month.

i did it last year in november. butt... now so manny new roules all the time... can it still be done?

Edited by Christopher84

OKey... not the answer i wanted... hehe.... everything have to be diffucalt... in beginning of november last year, my 90 days was about to expire... i went to phanom phen and gott a new tourist visa. it was an ekstra stemp said "tourist visa granted at phanom phen for this time only". but i came back to thailand and they gave me, 60 new days, still i only had 2 days left(after the new 90 day roule). i just wondered if there was someone out there who, not work in thailand, who can only make yourist visa... butt still stay more than 3 months and not have to leave for 3 month.

i did it last year in november. butt... now so manny new roules all the time... can it still be done?

Only visa free entry stamps of 30days each are subject to the 90day in 6 month rule. If you go and get a tourist visa, at present there seems to be no restriction on you getting back to back tourist visas except some embassies will not give them.

You can stay 6 consequtive months and more provided you have visas and are not relying on visa free entry stamps.

That's what previous posters have been trying to tell you. Search this forum for neighbouring consulates which are likely to issue them.

An excellent reason to go to Vientiane, Kuala Lumpur Singapore or Penang, as they will issue you a tourist visa without a problem, PP is known to be a pain in the backside, so don't bother going there.

As above poster, there is no reason whatsoever to leave thailand for 90 days.

Only visa free entry stamps of 30days each are subject to the 90day in 6 month rule. If you go and get a tourist visa, at present there seems to be no restriction on you getting back to back tourist visas except some embassies will not give them.

You can stay 6 consequtive months and more provided you have visas and are not relying on visa free entry stamps.

That's what previous posters have been trying to tell you. Search this forum for neighbouring consulates which are likely to issue them.

ok thanx buddy, i did mean thailands roules was difficalt:) not the buddy tried to help... ok... so how much will a trip to malaysia cost or some1 else... anny sugestion? can pm me if you know a good visa service... tnx for fast replys so far...

Edited by Christopher84

^ I don't know where you are in Thailand, but you could fly to KL with air asia in the morning, submit your application (before 11.30) and get back your passport the next day. Ticket would be around 5000 baht maybe a little bit less, you also need to spend the night.

Singapore and Penang would be pretty much the same

Cheaper would be Vientiane, since you can fly into Udon Thani with Nok or Air Asia (from BKK) for about 1500 baht, from there it's an easy 1 hour bus ride to the Friendship bridge, then another 30 minutes into Vientiane.

Another option is Savannakhet in Laos if you are in that area. You do not need an "visa service" to obtain a tourist visa - you just travel to Consulate and present application and pick up the next day. There are local agents in Penang who can do for about what you pay for taxi but at other locations I would advise doing it yourself. I believe there are one or two visa agents in Bangkok (and maybe Pattaya) who arrange all inclusive trips but the actual paperwork is still done by you I believe. They advertise in classified section of English language papers.