Schengen Visa And Different Travel Dates

My gf received a 30 days over a 6 months periods schengen visa (23rd of Aug to 22nd of March).

We are supposed to leave BKK the 23rd of August, unfortunately she needs medical treatment and she will not be able to make it for that day.

Can I change my departure from the 23rd of Aug to the 2nd of September without having to change/update the visa?

thanks

g.

Edited by giruz

My gf received a 30 days over a 6 months periods schengen visa (23rd of Sept to 22nd of March).

We are supposed to leave BKK the 23rd of August, unfortunately she needs medical treatment and she will not be able to make it for that day.

Can I change my departure from the 23rd of Aug to the 2nd of September without having to change/update the visa?

thanks

g.

If the validity of the visa is from 23 Sep to 23 March and the period of stay is 30 days she can enter anytime between the validity dates BUT must be out by the last day of validity. She is not supposed to stay morethan the 30 days from entry although this is not enforced.

Your departure day of 13 Augst doesnot fit with your visa dates

My gf received a 30 days over a 6 months periods schengen visa (23rd of Sept to 22nd of March).

thanks

g.

If the validity of the visa is from 23 Sep to 23 March and the period of stay is 30 days she can enter anytime between the validity dates BUT must be out by the last day of validity. She is not supposed to stay morethan the 30 days from entry although this is not enforced.

Wops...The visa is valid starting the 23rd of Aug. And our ticket right now is for the 23rd of Aug.

cheers

g.

thanks

g.

Wops...The visa is valid starting the 23rd of Aug. And our ticket right now is for the 23rd of Aug.

cheers

g.

Then the visa is valid for 7 months which seems unusual for a Schengen visa, which country is that ? Isit a multi entries or a single entry ?

Then the visa is valid for 7 months which seems unusual for a Schengen visa, which country is that ? Isit a multi entries or a single entry ?

Multi entry, 23aug to 22nd of feb(6 months).

Sorry for my mistake . Issued in Sydney by the Italian Consulate.

g.

Multi entry, 23aug to 22nd of feb(6 months).

Sorry for my mistake . Issued in Sydney by the Italian Consulate.

g.

Multi entries is no problem to enter AND leave within validity of visa.

I am not sure on the overall maximum length of stay but am sure she isnot suppose to stay for the whole validity period.

The idea would be a total of 30 days.

In any cases changing your travelling dates is perfectly ok within the validity of the visa

I am not sure on the overall maximum length of stay but am sure she isnot suppose to stay for the whole validity period.

In any cases changing your travelling dates is perfectly ok within the validity of the visa

I'm asking because I remember the lady that typed her visa did asked and entered the port of entry and the days on her computer.

She said it was requested in order to obtain a Shengen visa.

So, my worry is that once we land the cops will see a different entry and will start to annoy.

I tried to call several embassies/consulates to clarify this but it is Saturday so no one is open (I tried BKK, Jerusalem, Riahd, Dhakka and Mumbai).

Unfortunately we had to change our tickets today because there are only two places for the 2nd of September otherwise we had to wait for the 15th which is a bit to late (about 20days too late).

Anyway, thanks for your help!

g.

I'm asking because I remember the lady that typed her visa did asked and entered the port of entry and the days on her computer.

She said it was requested in order to obtain a Shengen visa.

So, my worry is that once we land the cops will see a different entry and will start to annoy.

I tried to call several embassies/consulates to clarify this but it is Saturday so no one is open (I tried BKK, Jerusalem, Riahd, Dhakka and Mumbai).

Unfortunately we had to change our tickets today because there are only two places for the 2nd of September otherwise we had to wait for the 15th which is a bit to late (about 20days too late).

Anyway, thanks for your help!

g.

My experience with a Schengen visa from the Belgium Embassy was that although the presented tickets were for arrival on 4, I asked for the visa to be valid from 1 as it was possible we changed the travel dates. The condition for that was that the medical travel insurance was valid from the day 1.

I do not believe that all the visas are online at all the entry points of the Schengen states.

As I said as long as you enter within the validity you will be ok.

As you have a multi entry you are also ok to enter several times (vist to Switzerland for example)

The only point that is not 100% clear to me is the 30days period of stay, is it for each entry or is it for the total within the validity. My experience is that this is not checked/enforced at least at departure from Schengen, but is it recorded and could go against you on a further application I don't know.