Laser Mouse

bmanly

Just wondering if any of you have purchased a laser mouse by any chance. They say it's very responsive and 800 dpi. If you have bought one of these can you tell me if you prefer it or not or do you like the old optical 300 dpi ones better. I am in Thailand so if you can recommend any brand it would be much appreciated, thanks.

Guest Reimar

I use a Laser Mouse on my Laptop.

Checked several Brands' and types, I found only one which is capable to use on plain Glas!

The Mouse has the name: "Glaser-Mouse" and is from A4 Tech, Model: X6-20MD and the cost was just THB 320.00

All other Laser mouses I've tested works very well too but NOT on Glas! The A4 Tech is a cable Mouse but the others available as wireless as well.

Logitech and some other Brand's having Laser Mouses too but very expensiv, most much above THB 1,000

The high responsiveness of laser mice is only really noticeable if you do a lot of serious gaming. Otherwise a good optical mouse will be good enough. I'm talking about the name brands of Logitech and Microsoft, not the Chinese knockoffs like A4tech the the like, which are quirky from the start and tend to break within a year.

Guest Reimar
The high responsiveness of laser mice is only really noticeable if you do a lot of serious gaming. Otherwise a good optical mouse will be good enough. I'm talking about the name brands of Logitech and Microsoft, not the Chinese knockoffs like A4tech the the like, which are quirky from the start and tend to break within a year.

May you've bad experiences but I don't!

For me a product which say's it can do something, like Logitech for the Laser Maouse running on Glas but CAN'T, that's a "knochoff"!

Wireless Keyboard amd Mouse (optical) from Logitech just was last for 13 month (12 month Warranty!) and Wireless Desktop from Microsoft changed within 19 month 5 times, but A4 Tech Wireless Keyboard and (optical) Mouse work for 3 1'2 year  no any problems! So what Brand's are the "knockoff's"?

By the way the Laser Mouse (cable) from Logitec, which should run on Glas but didn't, cost as little as THB 2,100 and the A4 Tech for THB 320 does!!

Question again: What Brand is the Knockoff?

Over a period of more than 4 year I use for myself and even for many of our customers A4 Tech products and 2 Warranty claims plus another 2 "down" after 2 y 9 m and 3 y 7 m, but for the same period from Logitech just within Warranty 11 and from MS within Warranty 16 pcs. that's something for to think about.

Oh and all of them produced in China even Logitec and Microsoft!

Just wondering if any of you have purchased a laser mouse by any chance. They say it's very responsive and 800 dpi. If you have bought one of these can you tell me if you prefer it or not or do you like the old optical 300 dpi ones better. I am in Thailand so if you can recommend any brand it would be much appreciated, thanks.

I use a 1,600 dpi Logitech MX518 and it is so much better than my old mouse. Adjustable resolution on the fly although usually I have it at max resolution. I have the pointer on fast speed and low acceleration. It takes hardly any movement to make it accross my 22" screen. Basically I can rest my wrist and get everything done by hand movement. No lifting and putting down again.

Precision is very good and I don't really have to fine tune where it lands. I can hit a menu item without much fine tuning for example.

Only rarely do I need to drop the resolution down. If you don't normally use a fast pointer, it may not matter that much. I found that on my old computer, some people couldn't handle a fast pointer speed even with an old optical mouse.

I have a Logitech G5 laser mouse. It's iffy on glass, that's true, but it works on many other surfaces and is an improvement over earlier optical mouses in this regard.

I am one of these people who doesn't feel the need to try something different when what I have is excellent which is why I haven't bought any mouse other than Logitech [*]. I don't think price matters very much, I buy a new mouse ever 2 or 3 years so what's the difference if I spend BHT 400 or 2000?

G5 works great. I don't game but I do appreciate the resolution and, more importantly, precision. My older optical mouse could at times be inaccurate on some surfaces.

I am using this mainly on the laptop so I am considering getting the new bluetooth mouse - if it performs well, the BT data rate is kind of a problem. Or the Logitech mobile variant that has an extremely short RF stubble so you can leave it in the USB port. Wireless would be cool but I am only going to accept one that has a rechargeable battery, can be recharged via USB, and uses Bluetooth. I think Kensington made a mouse like this once, but I just hate Kensington stuff so I assumed it would not work well.

[*] Ok I did get an Apple Mighty Mouse, found it horrible, and it now gathers dust in my cabinet.

I have the Logitech VX Revolution Laser. It replaced my 5 year old Logitech optical. I loved the old one, but the new one is even better. It definitely handles a wider range of surfaces.

I wouldn’t buy any other brand for the same reasons sited by nikster.

Thank you for the feedback everyone, the reason I asked is because I bought 2 mice over the last year that were suppose to be better than the old optical logitecs. The first one was a "Blade"mouse, it was hopeless, I clicked once and it would double click, secondly a minor scroll ended up being 2 pages. It made browsing the internet a big problem. In fact this happened with both the new mice I bought, the other was a no name brand.

So what I did was went back to my old logitec optical 300 dpi and it did not miss a beat, a perfect mouse.

The thing is I like to upgrade but I don't want a product that doesn't work. You have all given me something to work on, it seems the laser mouse is not a dud product and I will be buying one soon, hopefully it won't be a dud.

I use the Razor Diamondback mouse, they are also 1600 dpi, featuring a range of programmable buttons, adjustable speed settings and great ergonomics.

I will also agree that Logitech are good, but do not discount Razor either as they also make an excellent mouse.

I use the Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 6000, official this is a replacement for the mouse which came with my Microsoft Wireless Desktop Elite set. The mouse which came official with the Microsoft Desktop set was damaged by one of my cats who ditched it from the stairs, it still works... but the left button not always responses to my clicks.

Anyway I do a lot precision mouse stuff and I'm maybe considered as a person who not likes Microsoft, but I love the keyboards and mouses. All they are a bit high on the price, expect to pay around 2000 to 2400 Baht for a Microsoft Laser mouse.