Selling A Condo

I'm thinking about selling my condo in Pattaya. I wasn't going to use an agent as my Thai wife can handle the documentation. How and what are the costs and how are they split between buyer and seller?

I'm thinking about selling my condo in Pattaya. I wasn't going to use an agent as my Thai wife can handle the documentation. How and what are the costs and how are they split between buyer and seller?

You have to agree this early , as a buyer if i get a good deal on the land or property seller takes my offer then i will split 50/50 , if the seller sticks to the asking price and i agree to buy then he picks up all the fees or he does not get his sale .

Simple realy seller pays :o

JB

Edited by joeuk1

You have to agree this early , as a buyer if i get a good deal on the land or property seller takes my offer then i will split 50/50 , if the seller sticks to the asking price and i agree to buy then he picks up all the fees or he does not get his sale .

Simple realy seller pays :o

JB

The cost is comprised of transfer fees at 2% and stamp duty at 0.5%. Instead of stamp duty, 3.3 % of the proceeds or the assessed value is applicable if the ownership of the condo does not reach 5 years or over. In addition there will be income tax applicable. The amount is depending on the number of years of holdings of the condo by the owner. An unofficial enquiry could be made at the Land Department of the amount involved.

Who is going to bear this transfer costs? That depends on the negotiation between the buyer and the seller. The common practice is 50/50.