Any Houses On Koh Chang

If any one knows of any houses for rent on Koh Chang could you please let me know. I'm looking for to rent 6 months or more. I've searched high and low on the net and this forum but keep coming up empty handed so any info at all would really be appreciated.

Thanks

Camster

Have you tried Ian McNamara at Siam Ikat? ([email protected]/[email protected])
If any one knows of any houses for rent on Koh Chang could you please let me know. I'm looking for to rent 6 months or more. I've searched high and low on the net and this forum but keep coming up empty handed so any info at all would really be appreciated.

Thanks

Camster

I seem to remember that Ian rents his house out to visitors to the island, I believe that it is a house on stilts in the sea, in the fishing village area.

• 1 month later...

I believe Ian knows all about land and deals on Koh Chang. I was there a few months back in the off season. The entire west coast is developed but the east coast is pretty much untouched. I would be interested in buying some land at the southern tip of the East Coast side. Just in case someone hears of something there.

S

Watch out for land being sold without Chinotes.

last year me & my gal checked out land & houses & were told no chinotes available as the govn. has not issued yet.

this maybe changing now, but I have heard some pretty ugly stories about people building on the outer Islands & loosing the farm when the reaper comes to reclaim. Koh Larn same story. Even in Koh Sumui you can lose.

Not being negative as I wanted to purchace in either Koh Chang or koh Larn & 5 properties no Chinotes!

Koh Sumui- I have just read other threads here on Thai visa.

Good luck on rentals . The east side has housing accomodations unless you don't mind K-mereland accomodations near ban Po pier(& I believe they are crackerbox apartments 3meterx3 meters!)

Watch out for land being sold without Chinotes.

last year me & my gal checked out land & houses & were told no chinotes available as the govn. has not issued yet.

this maybe changing now, but I have heard some pretty ugly stories about people building on the outer Islands & loosing the farm when the reaper comes to reclaim. Koh Larn same story.

Who is the reaper here?

S