Police

rafval

can anyone suggest how I might get the police to do something about the elderly farang that sleeps at subway soi 7/1, he has no passport, I have a personal grudge against him as I lost about 100,000b thanks to his drunkenness, or perhaps straight out theft, I dont know as he was drunk and has no memory of the event except to say he didnt do it, since them he has been bailed out by several people for shoplifting, and has shown people I know how to shoplift beers from 7/11. The police have arrested him for having no passport before and let him out on a technicality. I believe he is working as a teacher now, goes to show, you can get a job as a teacher here with no passport. Anyway, I have tried speaking to the police and they dont seem to want to get involved, actually they are often at subway and I would presume they know he has no passport, anyway, thats my gripe for the day, I cant get my money back but Im amazed that in amazing thailand you can live and work here openly with no passport.

Ok, how did this guy cost you 100,000 Baht? You didn't take Neeranam's advice and loan it to him did you?

The police know he won't get deported without someone to cover the expense and in such cases arresting him is just a waste of their time.

An odd phenomenon, farang bums in Thailand. You would think bums should stay in their own countries. I used to see one lurking around Ekkamai area of Sukhumvit. He was very dirty, had a long, long beard and didn't even have a shirt and shoes. He carried his own bag and many plastic bags. He smelled horrible and had a lot of assorted worthless possessions in those bags.

Ok, how did this guy cost you 100,000 Baht? You didn't take Neeranam's advice and loan it to him did you?

The police know he won't get deported without someone to cover the expense and in such cases arresting him is just a waste of their time.

well, back then he used to dress very well and had alot of friends I knew who seemed to think he was ok, apparently he didnt have the money to pay bond so that why he was sleeping there, so I had a room and was rather desparate for money so I rented it to him, so that was all fine but I realized after a couple of weeks that he wasnt going to pay any rent, and by this time he had started drinking and was turning into a mess, I came home and the door was unlocked and my camera gear gone, he insists he didnt take it but whats odd is that he went into my room, something he hadnt done before, and left a magazine there and left his shirt on my clothing rack right above where the camera was, he was very drunk at this stage and went directly to subway to see a friend, so what he would have done with the camera I dont know, he insists he never took it and claims he has no memory of going in to my room, anyway, he either took it or he left the door unlocked in his drunkenness and someone else did, altho he insists he locked the door, so his memory seems to come and go as neccasary

yes, I guess you are right about why the police dont deport him

can anyone suggest how I might get the police to do something about the elderly farang that sleeps at subway soi 7/1, he has no passport, I have a personal grudge against him as I lost about 100,000b thanks to his drunkenness, or perhaps straight out theft, I dont know as he was drunk and has no memory of the event except to say he didnt do it, since them he has been bailed out by several people for shoplifting, and has shown people I know how to shoplift beers from 7/11. The police have arrested him for having no passport before and let him out on a technicality. I believe he is working as a teacher now, goes to show, you can get a job as a teacher here with no passport. Anyway, I have tried speaking to the police and they dont seem to want to get involved, actually they are often at subway and I would presume they know he has no passport, anyway, thats my gripe for the day, I cant get my money back but Im amazed that in amazing thailand you can live and work here openly with no passport.

How did he finagle you? You lost me in your description of what happened. It sounds as if you might have been drunk also and not quite sure what exactly happened. Regardless, I would be a little peeved too.

An odd phenomenon, farang bums in Thailand. You would think bums should stay in their own countries. I used to see one lurking around Ekkamai area of Sukhumvit. He was very dirty, had a long, long beard and didn't even have a shirt and shoes. He carried his own bag and many plastic bags. He smelled horrible and had a lot of assorted worthless possessions in those bags.

This guy dresses very well, suit and tie with the winsor acsent, and has had good jobs, but he fell for a thai lady and lost everything trying to hang on to her, I knew i wouldnt get any rent when he started boasting about how he was going to go and stay in an expensive hotel with her when he got some money, but over the last year he seems to have aged about 20 years and become dodery, Im wondering if he has alzhimers or something

You mean the Subway restaurant, not the MRT?

Either way it doesn't make any sense. There are no chairs at the MRT and if there were they definitely wouldn't let you sleep there.

And i don't see the Subway restaurant allowing bums to sleep in their dining area.

If he's stealing beers, why not let the 7/11 folks in on how he's doing it? Then they can catch him.

Report him to the 90-day immigration people. They harrass only honest people so they probably won't care about him. You could buy him a bus or plane ticket to some other place in Thailand. Try to get his personal information. He could be on the run from Interpol or the FBI; maybe they want him. If all else fails get him to take a bath and shave get a cheap suit and introduce him to a desperate older wealthy Thai lady who desires a foreign husband.

Oh no, I know that guy. He used to hang around Jomtien or Pattaya in a ratty old Hyundai, telling everybody he was a builder of homes, and that his Hyundai had a turbocharger. Also, he told some stories about the ladies of Pattaya that cannot be mentioned here. Next thing I knew he opened a website (typical farang bum) for people who had been banned from attending Man U events, or were kicked out of 7-11 for buying cheap wine in the afternoon. Definitely not a teacher; didn't even wear white shirt, tie and briefcase. Just a bum, a cheap dirty old bum with no passport. He's probably from Botswana, Mauritius, or Tadcaster.

DON'T SLEEP IN THE SUBWAY

Petula Clark

You wander around on your own little cloud

When you don't see the why or the wherefore

You walk out on me when we both disagree

'Cause to reason is not what you care for

I've heard it all a million time before

Take off your coat, my love, and close the door

Don't sleep in the subway, darlin'

Don't stand in the pouring rain

The night is long

Forget your foolish pride

Nothing's wrong

Now you're beside me again

You try to be smart, then you take it to heart

'Cause it hurts when your ego is deflated

You don't realize that it's all compromise

And the problems are so overrated

Goodbye means nothing when it's all for show

So why pretend you've somewhere else to go

Don't stand in the pouring rain

The night is long

Forget your foolish pride

Nothing's wrong

Now you're beside me again

Don't sleep in the subway, darlin'...

well, back then he used to dress very well and had alot of friends I knew who seemed to think he was ok, apparently he didnt have the money to pay bond so that why he was sleeping there, so I had a room and was rather desparate for money so I rented it to him, so that was all fine but I realized after a couple of weeks that he wasnt going to pay any rent, and by this time he had started drinking and was turning into a mess, I came home and the door was unlocked and my camera gear gone, he insists he didnt take it but whats odd is that he went into my room, something he hadnt done before, and left a magazine there and left his shirt on my clothing rack right above where the camera was, he was very drunk at this stage and went directly to subway to see a friend, so what he would have done with the camera I dont know, he insists he never took it and claims he has no memory of going in to my room, anyway, he either took it or he left the door unlocked in his drunkenness and someone else did, altho he insists he locked the door, so his memory seems to come and go as neccasary

yes, I guess you are right about why the police dont deport him

:o

You people really amaze me!

Can you really blame the thais for what the impression they have for farangs?

So you want a revenge?

Is he bothering your life now? If not, live your life!

You people don't know how to protect yourselves and when problems come you moan?

Report him to the 90-day immigration people. They harrass only honest people so they probably won't care about him. You could buy him a bus or plane ticket to some other place in Thailand. Try to get his personal information. He could be on the run from Interpol or the FBI; maybe they want him. If all else fails get him to take a bath and shave get a cheap suit and introduce him to a desperate older wealthy Thai lady who desires a foreign husband.

I have his details, I dont think hes is wanted, the english embassy was dealing with him when he was last in jail for no passport, hes the kind of guy that always gets beaten up and cant understand why, he does get thai women taking him in all the time but I think his arrogance always gets to them in the end

well, back then he used to dress very well and had alot of friends I knew who seemed to think he was ok, apparently he didnt have the money to pay bond so that why he was sleeping there, so I had a room and was rather desparate for money so I rented it to him, so that was all fine but I realized after a couple of weeks that he wasnt going to pay any rent, and by this time he had started drinking and was turning into a mess,

Reading this, i strongly believe you should turn the bloke in, and yourself as well, for aiding and abetting.

Or, just learn the lesson that you don't just pick a bum off the road because you are hard up for money, and try to make some money out of him. Next time, if you are in need of money - sell the camera first.

well, back then he used to dress very well and had alot of friends I knew who seemed to think he was ok, apparently he didnt have the money to pay bond so that why he was sleeping there, so I had a room and was rather desparate for money so I rented it to him, so that was all fine but I realized after a couple of weeks that he wasnt going to pay any rent, and by this time he had started drinking and was turning into a mess,

Reading this, i strongly believe you should turn the bloke in, and yourself as well, for aiding and abetting.

Or, just learn the lesson that you don't just pick a bum off the road because you are hard up for money, and try to make some money out of him. Next time, if you are in need of money - sell the camera first.

Good One !!!

phil

You mean the Subway restaurant, not the MRT?

Either way it doesn't make any sense. There are no chairs at the MRT and if there were they definitely wouldn't let you sleep there.

And i don't see the Subway restaurant allowing bums to sleep in their dining area.

take a look at the outside seating area next time you walk past subway at 7/1 at in the early morning, theres a couple of guys that sleep there, one chinese guy that seems to have a mental problem but is harmless enough, and a well dressed grey haired guy nodding in the corner

yeah, thats right, but Im sure you wouldnt take him as a bum, the guy presents himself very well, you think it easy to get a job as a teacher with no passport or qualifications?

yeah, thats right, but Im sure you wouldnt take him as a bum, the guy presents himself very well, you think it easy to get a job as a teacher with no passport or qualifications?

In my years here i have know more than a few bums and conmen, and yes, some are well dressed, and it is not too difficult to get a job as a teacher here without qualifications (or Khaosarn Road qualifications) and passport. There are more than a few dubious schools around who take almost anyone for little pay as long as there is a shirt and a tie.

For a scam you need two - the one who does it, and the one who allows himself to be scammed. You get conned - lesson learned, move on.

In my years here i have know more than a few bums and conmen, and yes, some are well dressed, and it is not too difficult to get a job as a teacher here without qualifications (or Khaosarn Road qualifications) and passport. There are more than a few dubious schools around who take almost anyone for little pay as long as there is a shirt and a tie.

For a scam you need two - the one who does it, and the one who allows himself to be scammed. You get conned - lesson learned, move on.

there some truth in that, but I if we follow that argument thru we could say that rape victims should handing themselves in for aiding and abetting too