Carre Foure Service

booman

Iv'e noticed that the service in C4 has went to hel_l. I tried to by a few CDs and they said at the regester that you need to take them back to get a price check! They have A MICROPHONE this is not acceptible to me, They should do the foot work for what is wrong not me... Besides, I already paid under the Marshall Plan being an American (no?).

I agree it has gotten pretty bad. I went in 2 months ago to buy a new TV nuy made the mistake of going alone. The sales people refused to speak with me. I can converse in Thai but they just walked away. Went and bought it somewhere else.

Saw an enormous rat in carrefour's fresh food section, i was the only person standing there, as it ran over the cheese and up the back of one of the fridges, looked around and all the girls at the meat counter had noticed, but they just shrugged their shoulders and carried on chatting, couldn't find a manager to speak to, and no one wanted to help....don't shop there anymore. :o

posted this a couple of days ago,

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=1485907

I was there a month ago , waiting for my bread to be sliced , a few meters away infront and right was a Japanese?/not Thai couple the woman looked absolutly horrified at the salad cooler to my right , maybe 5 or 6 meters in front of them, they had a brief few words and the guy put down his basket and they left? I thought it very strange at the time, This is my second negative comment about the store I actualy like C4, I think it is a good store with many items that I want and well stocked , but they need to pull thereselves together and get back on track.

posted this a couple of days ago,

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=1485907

I was there a month ago , waiting for my bread to be sliced , a few meters away infront and right was a Japanese?/not Thai couple the woman looked absolutly horrified at the salad cooler to my right , maybe 5 or 6 meters in front of them, they had a brief few words and the guy put down his basket and they left? I thought it very strange at the time, This is my second negative comment about the store I actualy like C4, I think it is a good store with many items that I want and well stocked , but they need to pull thereselves together and get back on track.

The open trays of bakery items often have nice size roaches crawling around the muffins.

Good store for dry goods.

My recent Carrefour story. They had some display electronics items for sale. There were three DVD recorders, none had boxes, only one had instructions. Only one came with a remote control. They sell new for like 18,000 baht, they were on sale for about 4,000 baht, "as is". They were somewhat outdated models, about a year old.

But here's the kicker: none of them worked, and there was no sign that they didn't work. The manager of that department told me if I bought one, I should not expect it to work, and I should immediately take it to the Samsung Service center, wherever that is, and there was no guarantee. And they made it very clear if I bought one, there was NO REFUND for any reason, not even by the next day.

I didn't buy one, and I was annoyed that Carrefour would try to squeeze out a few thousand baht, under pretty questionable circumstances.

Better to buy a brand new cheaper brand, like "AJ" or SOKEN, at Big C, where I think they have something similiar for maybe 10,000 baht.

Which is about $260. I'm told in Amerigay, similar off brand DVD recorders are about $100.

But on the plus side, I saw at TOPS they sell packaged sliced smoked salmon for 145 baht... something similar, but even larger at Carrefour was only 100 baht.

And I had no idea the "Marshall Plan" included getting free stuff from Thailand, 60 years later.

And for the record, had they told me to go and do their work for them, to reprice some cd's, I would have called over every manager from every department, and gave them a lecture, en masse, and made ALL of them walk back there, WITH ME to price them, and I would have had them COMP them for me. I've done it before, and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again, (as a public service)... and anyone that wouldn't do it, is encouraging that kind of bad behavior, and is as guilty as the store is.

Saw an enormous rat in carrefour's fresh food section, i was the only person standing there, as it ran over the cheese and up the back of one of the fridges, looked around and all the girls at the meat counter had noticed, but they just shrugged their shoulders and carried on chatting, couldn't find a manager to speak to, and no one wanted to help....don't shop there anymore. :D

YES! Thats correct.. I have seen those HUGE rats running around Carrefour.. And I once bought a 12 pack of Lays with a hole chewed in the very bottom, obviously by these rats :o I first saw a rat there about a year ago, I would have thought they would have done something about it by now :D

My recent Carrefour story. They had some display electronics items for sale. There were three DVD recorders, none had boxes, only one had instructions. Only one came with a remote control. They sell new for like 18,000 baht, they were on sale for about 4,000 baht, "as is". They were somewhat outdated models, about a year old.

But here's the kicker: none of them worked, and there was no sign that they didn't work.

Looks like Carrefour is now starting to sell broken goods too! I was shopping for a Suitcase for my return home in a couple of months, when I came across those Large hard Suitcases which are normally priced around 3,000 baht! They were "On sale" for only 600 baht each!! I grabbed one and put it in my trolley.. Luckily enough, I decided to see how much space was inside before I proceeded to the checkout, and found that the suitcase was locked and wouldn't open.

I called over a member of staff for them to open it for me, But they told me the ones on Sale do not open, They are permanently locked :D Thats why they are on sale. There was no way at all of opening the suitcase apart from breaking it...

Who wants to buy a permanently locked suitcase??????

The thing that annoys me, is that it was not noted ANYWHERE that the product was damaged! (Yes, I was with a thai who read the sticker sign ect) And there was no way of you knowing it was broken until you actually asked. I was extremely upset as Id spent around 15 minutes struggling to open the suitcase before I was able to find someone who worked there to help.. So, CHECK everything you buy from Carrefour! And make sure to ask if the item actually works!!!

z

Saw an enormous rat in carrefour's fresh food section, i was the only person standing there, as it ran over the cheese and up the back of one of the fridges, looked around and all the girls at the meat counter had noticed, but they just shrugged their shoulders and carried on chatting, couldn't find a manager to speak to, and no one wanted to help....don't shop there anymore. :bah:

YES! Thats correct.. I have seen those HUGE rats running around Carrefour.. And I once bought a 12 pack of Lays with a hole chewed in the very bottom, obviously by these rats :o I first saw a rat there about a year ago, I would have thought they would have done something about it by now :D

But here's the kicker: none of them worked, and there was no sign that they didn't work.

Looks like Carrefour is now starting to sell broken goods too! I was shopping for a Suitcase for my return home in a couple of months, when I came across those Large hard Suitcases which are normally priced around 3,000 baht! They were "On sale" for only 600 baht each!! I grabbed one and put it in my trolley.. Luckily enough, I decided to see how much space was inside before I proceeded to the checkout, and found that the suitcase was locked and wouldn't open.

I called over a member of staff for them to open it for me, But they told me the ones on Sale do not open, They are permanently locked :D Thats why they are on sale. There was no way at all of opening the suitcase apart from breaking it...

The thing that annoys me, is that it was not noted ANYWHERE that the product was damaged! (Yes, I was with a thai who read the sticker sign ect) And there was no way of you knowing it was broken until you actually asked. I was extremely upset as Id spent around 15 minutes struggling to open the suitcase before I was able to find someone who worked there to help.. So, CHECK everything you buy from Carrefour! And make sure to ask if the item actually works!!!

z

These people at Carrefour are a complete joke :D zIn fact this story is very similar to the briefcases that Del Boy

had on special sale on " Only Fools and Horses " - they were cheap too but they wouldnt open either because no one knew the combination lock code :D

Not that it has made much difference based on conversations with others but since I speak fluent French, each time I've approached C4 management to complain (employee rudeness each time), the employee was reprimanded in my presence and forced to apologize. I think it's a good lesson for Thais who sometimes don't give a #### whether you leave happy or not.

By the way, I'm happy to offer my French speaking services for anyone who should ever need help with any matter.

Edited by piker

Not that it has made much difference based on conversations with others but since I speak fluent French, each time I've approached C4 management to complain (employee rudeness each time), the employee was reprimanded in my presence and forced to apologize. I think it's a good lesson for Thais who sometimes don't give a #### whether you leave happy or not.

By the way, I'm happy to offer my French speaking services for anyone who should ever need help with any matter.

well you could ask them in French if they understand the meaning of " service "?:o

Bought last night spareribs at Carrefour. Came home 20 minutes later and wanted to marinate them, only to realize that they had some strange smell. The ribs went unmarinated in the fridge.

This afternoon, the wife brought them back from home to bring them back to the shop. In the meantime they developed a foul smell that strong that we had to drive with open windows.

I dropped the rips on the customer service counter and asked to see the shop manager. I opened the bag to spread the foul odour all over the place and also held it under the nose of various staff and customers who came to the counter to pick up their handbags. Weho would have been proud of me!

Shop Manager and the Meat Department Manager arrive. They assured me that this never happened in Carrefour history. Bullshit! I said, I had a similar incident about a year ago, and yes, the Meat Manager remembered me.

I've been assured again that Carrefour maintains a high standard in hygene etc...and I asked them why there are reports about cockroaches and rats in Carrefour on this forum. At this moment, the Meat Manager looked a bit concerned...I gave the Shop Manager my card, asking her to give me a report by e-mail about what happened as I would like to post it on this forum after.

/edit: forgot to add...they gave me a 500 Baht gift voucher, more value than the meat would have been. Will redeem it against some canned food one day, as for fresh food I had it with Carrefour...

Edited by raro

Had a similar experience. I bought their BBQ chicken about a month ago. Got it home, took off the plastic rapper and it was off. I did not take it back as it was only 80 Baht and it would cost me 50 Baht in fuel to make a special journey back to Pattaya. Anyway, it was the first football match of the season on the TV, so had better things to do :o

Gave it to the local stray dogs. I used to be a regular shopper there, but go to Tesco and Big C, who are a lot cheaper anyway for the items I buy.

talking about the chicken....I wanted to buy chicken, too, but it looked already very off on the display last night. Bought it at Foodland instead...

/edit: schpellink

Edited by raro

z
Saw an enormous rat in carrefour's fresh food section, i was the only person standing there, as it ran over the cheese and up the back of one of the fridges, looked around and all the girls at the meat counter had noticed, but they just shrugged their shoulders and carried on chatting, couldn't find a manager to speak to, and no one wanted to help....don't shop there anymore. :bah:

z

These people at Carrefour are a complete joke :D zIn fact this story is very similar to the briefcases that Del Boy

had on special sale on " Only Fools and Horses " - they were cheap too but they wouldnt open either because no one knew the combination lock code :D

Maybe you could take the suitcase to Tukcom or Big C's Phone center - I hear they do unlocking there. :bah: